Bucket Hook Placement

/ Bucket Hook Placement #1  

lzicc

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650
On the pictures, I have circled 3 places to weld hooks too. Does this area seem to be a good location. I have attached 2 pictures. Which one would be the best location?

BucketHooks.JPG
BucketHooks2.JPG

/ Bucket Hook Placement #2  
In my opinion the first picture with the outside ones in line with the loader arms., and I would "beef up" the middle location if possible. The idea for not putting them out on the edges of the bucket outside of the loader arms, is because it introduces additional stress lever arm the further you stick them out to the side. Of course if you rig between each outside so the same weight is on both, it can work.

/ Bucket Hook Placement #3  
Photo A.

I had my Kubota dealer position the two 5/16" outboard hooks on top of the end plates to elevate hooks just a tad. I have only the two outboard chain grab hooks on my L3560 with 72" L2296 HD RB bucket.

I had a center slip hook on my previous tractor-loader. I seldom used the center hook and it provided a third anchor point for brush carried in clamp-on debris forks attached to the bucket.

I keep two Grade 70, 5/16" chains on the tractor. One 8', the second 12'.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/316605-kubota-l3560-rear-storage.html?highlight=

I recommend Ken's Hooks because I have been broadly impressed with the 'industrial art' quality of five fittings I have bought from Ken, three bolt-on, two weld on. Ken's business is near you in Westminster, Maryland.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Weld-On>>

Last edited:
   / Bucket Hook Placement #4  
Actually I combined both after seeing them on another member's bucket. I don't use the ones at the ends for anything very heavy, but they have come in handy.

/ Bucket Hook Placement #5  
I like TripleR's setup, just make sure to lift evenly from the outer hooks.

/ Bucket Hook Placement #6  
Dang.... 5 hooks. Now I'm gonna have to go with 7 just to stay ahead of the TripleR. Will reduce the cargo capacity of my lil 3005 by half due to all thoes heavy steel hooks but gosh darn it I'm gonna do it... *grin* nice clean install, looks good TripleR.

/ Bucket Hook Placement #7  
I can't take credit for any of it, I think I got the idea from PHILIP8N or someone else and I just took the hooks to my dealer who did the welding.

/ Bucket Hook Placement #8  
Izicc,

I ALSO would go with TrippleR's set up. AND as stated earlier, try to keep load centered under the outside hooks for balance. :2cents: I only have 3 hooks on my BX FEL (one on each side at the top of the bucket and on in the center on the reinforcement plate for the cylinder) and they have worked VERY well for the last 4 years. :2cents: :thumbsup:

Dave

/ Bucket Hook Placement
I do like that Tripler. I think you showed that to me before now that I think about it. I like end ones from moving implement around. I also like the idea of no modification of the bucket itself, just weld the hooks directly on. What size hooks are they, 3/8"?

/ Bucket Hook Placement
Also, looking at your bucket pictures, what type of grease do you use on your joints? When Barlows delivered my machine, they used some kind of black grease, but it looked very clean and didn't seem like it would build up. It actually looked somewhat dry which would keep it from being sticky and dirty. I use the Tacky Red stuff, but it attract dust and dirt.