Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead?

/ Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead? #51  
James, although I'll concede that there are differences in the various brands of welders and Everlast is well known for excellent quality,,,, the quality of your hook welds is much more due to the person holding the welder stick than the machine sitting nearby. :cool:
I will agree with that. There is a guy here that has cr@p equipment and can turn out stack-'o-dime welds so good they bring a tear to your eye. (y)

On the other hand, I have great equipment but my welds bring a chuckle to the crowd. ;)

/ Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead? #52  
Wow, is that a beautiful looking and functional weld.
Well, a good 7018 rod and a DC welder set at about 125 amps is hard to beat.

/ Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead? #53  
You might want to watermark and copyright future photos. Also share the photo thieves web site / email so others can nag him to take the stolen photos down.

Side discussion based on your comment . . . How do you watermark and copyright photos? Is that just a filter that you add using picture editing software and then save it?? Thanks.

/ Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead? #54  
Try google search "how to watermark graphics"...

I sometimes just use something like Microsoft Paint or Irfanview to add text to graphics.... Just need to put it someplace its difficult to edit out without destroying graphic...

Example original image...

DSC02342-s.jpg

Marked image...

DSC02342-s-2.jpg

Text can be anything like "DLM Copyrighted 2021" or "Copyright by DLM Oct. 27-2021" or just as in example picture...

And there is this...

Last edited:
   / Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead? #55  
Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts?

If you're gonna do bolt-on, like Kenny's, might as well get the clevis mounts to be the backing plate. Gives you more options at minimal cost, so why not?

Attachments

• PXL_20210926_210021199.jpg
    PXL_20210926_210021199.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 132
   / Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead? #56  
Side discussion based on your comment . . . How do you watermark and copyright photos? Is that just a filter that you add using picture editing software and then save it?? Thanks.
Just saw this article, though I myself have not tried these.

/ Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead? #57  
I measured the top of the RK37 bucket and I think it is only 2 inches wide and 1/8 inch thick. There is a 2 inch wide, 1/4 inch thick bar as backing but it is a couple inches below the top. The bucket top bends to a 2.5 inch flat section and then curls again inside for a short distance, basically an open tube.
I see that most of the bolt on 5/16" hook bases are 3.25 inches wide.
Any suggestions for mounting bold on hooks besides on the sides of the bucket?

/ Bucket Hooks? Or clevis mounts instead? #58  
I measured the top of the RK37 bucket and I think it is only 2 inches wide and 1/8 inch thick. There is a 2 inch wide, 1/4 inch thick bar as backing but it is a couple inches below the top. The bucket top bends to a 2.5 inch flat section and then curls again inside for a short distance, basically an open tube.
I see that most of the bolt on 5/16" hook bases are 3.25 inches wide.
Any suggestions for mounting bold on hooks besides on the sides of the bucket?
Our hooks are only 2-5/8" deep, all the "copies" are deeper. Some guys mount them on the back wall like this:
LS MT125-1.jpeg

LS MT125-2.jpeg