Bucket level indicator for MT 125

/ Bucket level indicator for MT 125 #1  

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
I finally got a chance to build / install a bucket level indicator on my 125. I had the 2 tubes (the outer is a piece of 1/2" electric conduit, the inner rod is a piece of 3/8 black pipe). After looking at many different ideas posted throughout TBN and google, I just came up with my own. The only thing I had to buy were the 2 mounting clamps, which are electrical conduit "beam" hangers....cost $1.25 each.

I was going to weld some tabs on the outer pipe at the top, but found a 1/2" U-shaped clamp that I just bent around the conduit and used the bolt from the beam clamp to swivel on. For the indicator rod, I tapped the bottom to accept a 5/16-18 bolt. A small 1x1" piece of angle was then bolted on to allow the perpendicular swivel at the bottom, again using the bolt from the beam clamp to swivel.

I haven't decided to paint the top of the indicator or just use the red tape as shown. When the "red" disappears, the bucket is level. Tried it out a couple of times in the driveway, works great!

I was really getting tired of leaning way out to look at the bucket, and even then always seemed to be angled either a lttle too deep or little too shallow.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 713
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 616
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    851.1 KB · Views: 546
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    974.5 KB · Views: 471
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    834.2 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 761
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 783
   / Bucket level indicator for MT 125 #3  
My M6040 came with a level indicator much like yours. Somehow or other the rod got all bent up. I've never replaced it. The one tab that the rod went thru is now used for bungies that hold up the hydraulic hoses for the grapple.

View attachment 597577

/ Bucket level indicator for MT 125
My M6040 came with a level indicator much like yours. Somehow or other the rod got all bent up. I've never replaced it. The one tab that the rod went thru is now used for bungies that hold up the hydraulic hoses for the grapple.

View attachment 597577

Well, didn't go to waste for sure! Looks like they put the bracket in just the right spot!:thumbsup:

/ Bucket level indicator for MT 125 #5  
Ah, ha - that last pic shows why a bucket level indicator works so well for you - LSmt125. When flat on the ground - you can not see the bucket. On my tractor, I can see the top of the bucket when its level & flat on the ground.