Bucket level indicator rod---useful?

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #41  
After 17 years I would suspect your experience would come in the play and you wouldn't need that rod on there anymore
After 17 years and no hearing protection it's great for killing your hearing sensitivity at certain high frequencies.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #42  
Priceless for me. The top of my bucket is rounded and no reference to where the edge is....can cannot see it. So have no clue where its at.

I made one. Now I know level every time. I dont do any "digging" with the loader.....only backfilling hundreds of feet of trenches per year that were dug with the mini, and scooping/loading material out of piles.

Knowing right were level is so I dont gouge up the ground underneath....or get a bunch of sod/grass mixed in if Im scooping a dirt pile out of a yard.....again...priceless. Saves so much work later fixing everywhere the bucket was a little too agressive

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #43  
Could you just mark the side of the rod where you could see it with a different color paint marker for the forks and the grapple for a level reference?
That's what I did. Different buckets have a different point of level, not to mention pallet forks. Having a reference point for level on each attachment can be indispensable. JMHO

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #44  
The guy who owned my LS before me set the bucket on a level surface and welded on a small plate on each side of the bucket, parallel to the ground (like a bucket step) and painted it orange. I find it to be more accurate than trying to gauge the rod. Same concern as above when using two different buckets, forks, and grapple.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #45  
I have a SCUT without one and a larger tractor with one. I use the one on my larger tractor all the time but that's how I learned and I wish my smaller tractor had one. As others said, after 17 years, if you don't miss it, you don't need it.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #46  
A much simpler and more useful level indicator if you can see either side of the top the bucket is to is to weld on the top each side a piece of 1/2" x2" x 4" flat bar on edge with a 1" hole to the front, set the bottom of the bucket level on the ground with a spirit level then weld the flat bar set with the spirit level to the top outside edge of the bucket the 1" holes come in handy for tying off awkward loads carried in the bucket.
All it takes is a glance at the flat bar and you know where level is near enough.
My bucket is a 4 in one 7ft wide easily seen from the cab.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #47  
After some 17 years I finally bent the bucket leveling rod/indicator. Remember looking at the assembly the day I bought the machine thinking it wouldn’t survive. Guess I wont miss it. Made no practical difference on piles of aggregates till I got to the very bottom and then the ground rarely was level anyway.

Am I missing the boat here? Anyone find these things to be indispensable?
View attachment 695253
I wouldn't be without mine. Can return bucket or forks to level while approaching whatever job is at hand. If a pallet, a log, dirt pile, whatever.. the rod lets me know before I make contact.

Maybe you have no use for the rod, but I sure do and use it often. Also have bent it a couple times.. straightens easily.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #48  
I find it even more useful when I have the forks on.

And Hello my Friend. ;)

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #49  
I find it VERY useful in my applications. I'd keep it or put one back on if it's gone. Can't hurt!

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #50  
After some 17 years I finally bent the bucket leveling rod/indicator. Remember looking at the assembly the day I bought the machine thinking it wouldn’t survive. Guess I wont miss it. Made no practical difference on piles of aggregates till I got to the very bottom and then the ground rarely was level anyway.

Am I missing the boat here? Anyone find these things to be indispensable?
View attachment 695253
Bought our loader S/H repaired the indicator which didn't last long and managed without since. I find that if you drop the bucket to the ground and then lower the tip until you feel resistance it's not far off.