Bucket level indicator rod---useful?

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #21  
I broke mine (my fault) with only a few hours on my tractor. i broke the mount part that pivots on the loader arm. One of these days I will get around to fixing it. But I did use it much on my last tractor.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #22  
A method of leveling the bucket with the ground is to drop the bucket to the ground and then hit the tilt lever. Its easy to visually tell by rocking the tilt back and forth a time or two if the bucket is flat on the ground surface. Might be even easier if the loader is in float mode but I don't find that necessary.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #23  
A method of leveling the bucket with the ground is to drop the bucket to the ground and then hit the tilt lever. Its easy to visually tell by rocking the tilt back and forth a time or two if the bucket is flat on the ground surface. Might be even easier if the loader is in float mode but I don't find that necessary.
LS uses a bent rod through the loop. I set mine up so that when the peak of the bend is in the loop, that is level when the loader is on the ground.
While your method would work, it is too slow.

After I dump a bucket of material and I am travelling back to the pile to get another scoop, I will level the bucket using the rod while the loader is off the ground a couple feet. As I approach the pile of material I start lowering the loader only as the bucket is already set for level. This helps me be the most efficient.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #24  
LS uses a bent rod through the loop. I set mine up so that when the peak of the bend is in the loop, that is level when the loader is on the ground.
While your method would work, it is too slow.

After I dump a bucket of material and I am travelling back to the pile to get another scoop, I will level the bucket using the rod while the loader is off the ground a couple feet. As I approach the pile of material I start lowering the loader only as the bucket is already set for level. This helps me be the most efficient.
But, but I'm trying to make my tractor time last as long as possible! :)

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #25  
But, but I'm trying to make my tractor time last as long as possible! :)
LOL! I understand.
I just often like to challenge myself to see how efficient I can get with some things, like manipulating the bucket and the boom while moving. The Hydraulics on the MT240 are pretty low at 8gpm so doing both smoothly is a challenge, seems there is a small sweet spot to get both to move.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #26  
LOL! I understand.
I just often like to challenge myself to see how efficient I can get with some things, like manipulating the bucket and the boom while moving. The Hydraulics on the MT240 are pretty low at 8gpm so doing both smoothly is a challenge, seems there is a small sweet spot to get both to move.

And I understand where you're coming from--The thread above attempts to take bucket leveling to the max.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #27  
I used it when scraping up the very bottom of a pile of "something". Bent the crap out of it when the grapple was installed. Never replaced it. Never put the bucket back on the FEL once the grapple was installed either.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #28  

And I understand where you're coming from--The thread above attempts to take bucket leveling to the max.
Wow! that is going to the next level! (Pun intended)

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #29  
It is often helpful. Since it is not easy to see the top of the bucket without leaning over it gives an approximate idea of where it is relative to the tractor (rather than the ground) and usually go by feel after that. Generally do not need precision. For moving snow I generally refer to it when I am moving back in position after dumping the bucket. Also helps that I have 3 Edge Tamers on my 72" bucket.

/ Bucket level indicator rod---useful? #30  
I use it just about every time I use the loader. It is real handy when pushing up the snow piles at the end of our driveways and when using forks bolted to the bottom of my bucket.