Bucket slowly sinks while mowing

/ Bucket slowly sinks while mowing #11  
In every tractor I have owned I have experienced the loader not staying perfectly in the position you leave it. Sometimes it is the lift that drops, sometimes it is the curl that drops. Sometimes it is both. Unless it is a lot over a short period of time, it is nothing unusual. If it doesn't drop while setting an inch per hour, it is probably not worth addressing as in reality it isn't that big of problem. I have had an old tractor that dropped a foot an hour, and I never felt fixing it was a high priority. Other people might though.

/ Bucket slowly sinks while mowing #12  
I would have dealer check the cylinders, my 2910i does not do that now, I knew when I bought tractor the bucket would drop and that is not what loader should do, I had all cylinders rebuilt at machine shop, doesn’t happen anymore, the bucket will stay where I put it. It is not normal for bucket or loader to drop while running.

/ Bucket slowly sinks while mowing
Good info, sallyb! My tractor didn’t do this before the service so it may need what a previous poster mentioned, some penetrating oil and grease. Can’t imagine a rebuild is required at this point in its life.

TXCOMT

/ Bucket slowly sinks while mowing #14  
Well machinery will fail, something is wrong and while it’s under warranty, I would say now is time.

/ Bucket slowly sinks while mowing #15  
I would have dealer check the cylinders, my 2910i does not do that now, I knew when I bought tractor the bucket would drop and that is not what loader should do, I had all cylinders rebuilt at machine shop, doesn’t happen anymore, the bucket will stay where I put it. It is not normal for bucket or loader to drop while running.
Lift cylinders won't cause the loader to drop....running or not.

/ Bucket slowly sinks while mowing #16  
Lift cylinders won't cause the loader to drop....running or not.
If you have a valve that has a internal leak of say 4cc per minute. And that is within the specs of that valve. If the cylinder seal is bypassing wouldn't you see a increase in the rate of drop as now it could be leaking from two ports? Just curious.