Bucket weight

/ Bucket weight #1  

Skeletor

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1725mb
anyone know what the bucket weighs on the 1725? I was thinking of buying a larger lightweight bucket for firewood.

/ Bucket weight #2  
T-B-N ARCHIVE: bucket extensions for firewood site:tractorbynet.com

Light Material Buckets usually weigh the same as standard buckets. While they contain more metal in surface area, the metal is thinner. Most reports here on bucket distortion concern Light Material Buckets which someone inappropriately used for dirt work.

Last edited:
   / Bucket weight #3  
Based upon my known light material bucket weight, I would guess your bucket weighs 220 lbs (48") or 248 lbs (54").
Most standard buckets I've seen on sub compacts and compacts are called "light material".
I would think a set of light pallet forks would also be a consideration for firewood. I move a lot of uncut wood and brush with pallet forks, but not cut firewood.

Last edited:
   / Bucket weight #4  
whole FL1805 assy prob weighs in around 330-400 lbs (in line with other older loader models for GC ) so really the bucket prob 240 as @RjCorazza mentioned above.
I've disconnected the bucket off my DL100 loader and estimated weight of just over 200 lbs (so 220 would fit) but the fl1805 is a touch thicker than bucket off a dl100 loader.

/ Bucket weight #5  
I just use a set of add on forks I fabricated to move brush piles and if I drop a pieces a piece of scrap ply wood on them I can load enough fire wood FEL can't actually lift it with out my ballast weight on.......

dsc02207-jpg.707275

Then there is this sort of option made from some sort of discarded machinery "guard"....

dsfel-basket-jpg.714717

Last edited:
   / Bucket weight #6  
If hauling firewood is your only reason for a larger bucket, consider getting a piece of plate steel bent to conform to the inside of your bucket that extends like WranglerX's fork additions. Make it fit the bucket, and drill a single hole in each side of it to pin to your bucket, or if you don't want to drill your bucket, consider a chain or other method to keep it attached when loaded. Sides and a flat bottom will allow more wood to be stacked in the extended bucket, probably more than a wider bucket will gain.
David from jax

/ Bucket weight
Great suggestions! I have no issues drilling cutting or welding in or on the bucket.I’ll have to take a look at it and come up with something.

/ Bucket weight #8  
Keep in mind hauling firewood, is a common way to dent a hood.

So, I'd keep it low, and slow.

/ Bucket weight #10  
This is the set of brush forks I built about 12 years ago and then added 3/4" plywood on top with a hinge so it folds up vertical against the fixed headache part.

This setup has served me well moving firewood into the woodshed.

KC20190801_125336.jpg20190801_125755.jpgPlatform Progress 3 of 3, 9-25-20 .jpg