built me some brush forks

/ built me some brush forks #11  
I like the way the frame for your forks is built with the reinforcement shown in the third picture. Are you using solid hay spears for the forks?
The tines are 3”OD 1/4”wall pipe with 4 v’s cut out of the end and remaining 4 v’s bent and seams welded to form round point. If one gets bent too much and can’t be straightened there easily replaced as only one bolt holds them in support tube. There made to be weakest link so you can’t tweak the frame. I’ve had that rake bout 7 years and still original tines.

Attachments

• F8C44ED5-D8E6-4AE8-BAC1-79E073B0EC5E.jpeg
    F8C44ED5-D8E6-4AE8-BAC1-79E073B0EC5E.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 113
  • DB0C1198-045A-46A9-9CE2-8BD93526A216.jpeg
    DB0C1198-045A-46A9-9CE2-8BD93526A216.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 102
   / built me some brush forks #12  
Just a single exception.
No fair touching up the welds with the grinder. You have to leave em like they are. 😄

Actually, nice job on the forks, and the video! (y)

/ built me some brush forks #13  
Video was nice. If there's plastic in your tractor grill, you might consider adding some protection either to the grill or to the fork attachment. There's another member here who made very similar forks, but also welded some vertical bars on his attachment to protect his tractor. Tractor radiators seem to be pretty expensive.

/ built me some brush forks #14  
Gene, that's a great job of building your brush forks using materials on hand!

Nice video for the use of the forks, I do the samething moving tree limbs, etc..., to the burn pile.

Anytime I can save a dismount/remount on the tractor is a big win for me.

KC

/ built me some brush forks #15  
Video was nice. If there's plastic in your tractor grill, you might consider adding some protection either to the grill or to the fork attachment. There's another member here who made very similar forks, but also welded some vertical bars on his attachment to protect his tractor. Tractor radiators seem to be pretty expensive.

I did something similar...

tines-backstop-jpg.714716

/ built me some brush forks #16  
Yours was probably the one I was thinking about, but I couldn't remember exactly.

/ built me some brush forks
Just a single exception.
No fair touching up the welds with the grinder. You have to leave em like they are. 😄

Actually, nice job on the forks, and the video! (y)
Ha! But, but but....I'm a grinder, not a welder! :ROFLMAO:

Yeh, you're probably right, some sort of headache rack like Wrangler did.

Gene, that's a great job of building your brush forks using materials on hand!

Nice video for the use of the forks, I do the samething moving tree limbs, etc..., to the burn pile.

Anytime I can save a dismount/remount on the tractor is a big win for me.

KC
Thanks man, and yes I remember your forks from some posts here.

/ built me some brush forks #20