Burned ECU board pics-4110

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #1  

al3

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4110, X500
Here's what running a failing battery can do---don't do it.

Attachments

• burnedboard1.JPG
    burnedboard1.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 259
  • burnedboard2.JPG
    burnedboard2.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 291
   / Burned ECU board pics-4110 #2  
One of my tractor concerns is that 15 years from now, one of the circuit boards on my 2003 "new-fangled" tractor is going to burn out or fail from vibration fatigue. Will Kubota still stock them? Computer controlled machine makers are famous for not supporting their electronics after a certain time. Hope the tractor manufacturers are better.

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #3  
I'm going to trust Deere to cover that for me.

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #4  
For the right money they will sell you any part you want.

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #5  
One of my tractor concerns is that 15 years from now, one of the circuit boards on my 2003 "new-fangled" tractor is going to burn out or fail from vibration fatigue. Will Kubota still stock them? Computer controlled machine makers are famous for not supporting their electronics after a certain time. Hope the tractor manufacturers are better.

Are you concerned about an ECU for you Kubota L4330? I looked in the L4330 parts catalog and didn't locate an ECU. I think my '11 M7040 doesn't have an ECU either

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #6  
I hadn't looked into the ECU specifically but the entire digital dashboard and warning light system probably runs through a circuit board.

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #7  
Circuit board & what I consider ECU/ECM are 2 different things to me. Most vehicles I've been around won't run/drive without a functioning ECU/ECM. I think my M7040 will run/drive without functional printed circuit board. I know my older '91 JD 4255 that has a mini-computer will run/drive without it functioning

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #8  
al3, Can you give a little more detail--what happened and how does a failing battery fit in? Thanks, Jim
P.S. What part of Mn. are you in? I am 35 miles north of Grand Rapids, Mn.

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #9  
Break out the soldering iron and fix the burnt one for a spare. You can still read the resistor values so it didn't burn too bad!

Maybe I'm being a little facetious. The bottom is burned pretty good.

/ Burned ECU board pics-4110 #10  
Break out the soldering iron and fix the burnt one for a spare. You can still read the resistor values so it didn't burn too bad!

Maybe I'm being a little facetious. The bottom is burned pretty good.

Keep in mind that resistors overheat for a reason. And that reason is excessive current was drawn thru them. So there is some semiconductor failure somewhere there.