Buy or Rent tractor for wooded 1/2 acre?

/ Buy or Rent tractor for wooded 1/2 acre? #11  
Get a quote for the work you need done. You have no experience and will likely get hurt or killed running a small tractor on slopes; but if you are lucky you will only roll the tractor and damage it.

i have no idea what you would do with a tractor once you have a house and garage built on 1/2 an acre. If you are old and/or disabled, it is a great motorized wheelbarrow for chores so factor that into your decision...silly for a healthy guy unless you have lots of money...but if you have lots of money you can hire the work done.

There was a guy in his 40's in the subdivision where I used to live and he had a little tractor. It was comical watching him on his 3/4 acre lot. He was the topic of a lot of jokes/ribbing.

/ Buy or Rent tractor for wooded 1/2 acre? #12  
The land is a wooded mountain property and is very sloped in some areas and there are tight spaces to maneuver in (around trees, rocks, river, etc).
SCUT is absolutely not the right tool for you, I’d have to see it but maybe not even skidsteer. For the jobs you described and the size of lot a mini-ex is probably the right tool and renting a larger (30-50HP) is probably going to be better than buying a small (<25HP) one if I was to guess.