Buying a Branson

/ Buying a Branson #91  
Excellent then, we are both on target as my comments were directed to someone that had mentioned that it was worthwhile to look at a size bigger to make sure you were covered for any future growth without the expense of going too big or too small. I totally agreed with that persons viewpoint. The tractor brand and specific models mentioned were only mentioned because that "was my experience".

I'm sure that we can agree that if others here have experience in that area to help someone else regardless as to whether it's experience with a Massy Ferguson, New Holland, or John Deer they would be welcomed to offer their input?, or maybe I've been misinformed.

Thank you for the clarification.

/ Buying a Branson #92  
My Brother in-law and my sister just moved to Idaho. He is using (temporarily at this point) a Branson that was loaned to him by a new neighbor to get a feel for, and decide if he likes it.

Because of this I actually looked at a Branson Dealers stock here in New York State to get a feel for the equipment, hydraulics and piping, rear end/3 Pt materials, Backhoe additions, and other accoutrements. I didn't see any issues with the hardware, although I haven't yet seen in person, any Branson units with a Cab (my Brother in-Laws is an open station as well). I enjoy looking at the differing perspectives of how different manufacturers approach Cab design, among other design specifications. I then try to base the "specific to that manufacturers" design elements into perspective with where the unit is manufactured, its genesis, and its perspective market... and then associate that to whatever pressures are within the overall product category (tractors) to make a manufacturer step out and take risks that could help or hinder them in their growth. It's a rather interesting field to explore. Mahindra has probably some of the most interesting concepts out there in which they are attempting to move from historically "everyman's rice patty machine" to a contender for customers from many manufactures, including Kubota, Branson, and many other name brand machines. I'm not picking on Mahindra for quality or design issues, only that they have an interesting history and are still very much one of the most dynamic at attempting to "catch" customers for all other competing brands.

I appreciate your comments. They are honest. That's ok!! Personally, I tend to show an interest in all technology...to do otherwise is like sticking ones head in the sand. I think its wonderful to hear about experiences from many owners of all brands. There is no brand associated with professional feedback and exploration of ideas that pertain to how to better our world whether it's for us as individuals or for mankind as a whole. Everyone's viewpoint is welcomed, even though we may not subscribe to it. Thank you for your honesty and constructive criticism.
I'm good with the above. As a senior I do tend to cut to the chase some. My heads certainly not in the sand for technology as I am a former skilled trades person and retired tech educator. I've had 5+ careers and can easily be called an "around the block guy". I've been trained as a helo mech, race cars, Lifetime of riding motorcycles -since 1963, cars, trucks and served an apprenticeship 8,000 hrs as an industrial millwright mechanic so a fairly greasy guy. I'm also experienced in bldg trades and a life long serious woodworker FWIW.
I wish I had a Branson or TYM to play with. One big oak log and I'd know if I had what I'm after.
@LouNY- My notion of laboring is not an engine simply pulling down some rpm's but rather it's finding the task at hand difficult to maintain proper engine speed and/or actually perform the work. Perhaps we are thinking the same thing? perhaps not?
I used to watch the Kansas State Fair mule & horse pulls most years. With that tough competition laboring usually meant "they couldn't get er done". No, my tractor isn't magical at all and I have asked it to do more than it liked. :)

/ Buying a Branson #93  
Regarding the basic idea of "Buying a Branson" which is of specific & timely interest to me, I'll ask this: Why shop Branson vs. TYM? or vice versa? I am finding that the models don't cross over exactly the same packages but engines are all the same in whatever package. Also I've seen several comments saying one was a better price point than the other which I find hardly the case as the dealer price points vary as they most always do.

/ Buying a Branson #94  
I'm good with the above. As a senior I do tend to cut to the chase some. My heads certainly not in the sand for technology as I am a former skilled trades person and retired tech educator. I've had 5+ careers and can easily be called an "around the block guy". I've been trained as a helo mech, race cars, Lifetime of riding motorcycles -since 1963, cars, trucks and served an apprenticeship 8,000 hrs as an industrial millwright mechanic so a fairly greasy guy. I'm also experienced in bldg trades and a life long serious woodworker FWIW.
I wish I had a Branson or TYM to play with. One big oak log and I'd know if I had what I'm after.
@LouNY- My notion of laboring is not an engine simply pulling down some rpm's but rather it's finding the task at hand difficult to maintain proper engine speed and/or actually perform the work. Perhaps we are thinking the same thing? perhaps not?
I used to watch the Kansas State Fair mule & horse pulls most years. With that tough competition laboring usually meant "they couldn't get er done". No, my tractor isn't magical at all and I have asked it to do more than it liked. :)
Your experience in the real world is awesome. Today many of our experiences are only lightly associated to the real world... ie Kansas State Fair mule & horse pulls. That is a beautiful experience of of real life!!

/ Buying a Branson #95  
My Brother in-law and my sister just moved to Idaho. He is using (temporarily at this point) a Branson that was loaned to him by a new neighbor to get a feel for, and decide if he likes it.

Because of this I actually looked at a Branson Dealers stock here in New York State to get a feel for the equipment, hydraulics and piping, rear end/3 Pt materials, Backhoe additions, and other accoutrements. I didn't see any issues with the hardware, although I haven't yet seen in person, any Branson units with a Cab (my Brother in-Laws is an open station as well). I enjoy looking at the differing perspectives of how different manufacturers approach Cab design, among other design specifications. I then try to base the "specific to that manufacturers" design elements into perspective with where the unit is manufactured, its genesis, and its perspective market... and then associate that to whatever pressures are within the overall product category (tractors) to make a manufacturer step out and take risks that could help or hinder them in their growth. It's a rather interesting field to explore. Mahindra has probably some of the most interesting concepts out there in which they are attempting to move from historically "everyman's rice patty machine" to a contender for customers from many manufactures, including Kubota, Branson, and many other name brand machines. I'm not picking on Mahindra for quality or design issues, only that they have an interesting history and are still very much one of the most dynamic at attempting to "catch" customers for all other competing brands.

I appreciate your comments. They are honest. That's ok!! Personally, I tend to show an interest in all technology...to do otherwise is like sticking ones head in the sand. I think its wonderful to hear about experiences from many owners of all brands. There is no brand associated with professional feedback and exploration of ideas that pertain to how to better our world whether it's for us as individuals or for mankind as a whole. Everyone's viewpoint is welcomed, even though we may not subscribe to it. Thank you for your honesty and constructive criticism.

I have a cab Branson it is an 8050 one of their larger ones which they have dropped a few years ago.
I am ambivalent about Branson tractors, when I got mine I was $10,000 to $15,000 or more less money for more tractor in some ways.
And it still is, with many things that are options or unavailable on other makes.
The PTO being 540 and 540E which I use frequently.
It has 3 sets of remotes at the rear, unfortunately none of them have float.
I would have liked more tire on the front.
In many operations the self leveling loader is very nice.
I would have preferred a Global quick connect on the loader then the SSQA.
Also I wish it had room for a buddy seat and just a tad bit more head room.
Parts are a bit expensive when needed.
I'm at around 1100 hours on it.
At times I wish I had spent the extra money for an New Holland or CIH,
other times I'm fine.
I see that you are in NY, you are welcome to swing by and look at mine she is always in her work clothes.

/ Buying a Branson #96  
I have a cab Branson it is an 8050 one of their larger ones which they have dropped a few years ago.
I am ambivalent about Branson tractors, when I got mine I was $10,000 to $15,000 or more less money for more tractor in some ways.
And it still is, with many things that are options or unavailable on other makes.
other times I'm fine.
I see that you are in NY, you are welcome to swing by and look at mine she is always in her work clothes.
I working in North Creek about an hour or so north of you all next week. It would be awesome to check out your Branson... what day would be best? Unfortunately I'm working from sun up till about 5pm or so, but if that works that would be a much better way to spending hour or so over having soup at Stewarts gas station and watching the news!!

let me know via a personal message if you have time next week!!

/ Buying a Branson #97  
other times I'm fine.
hmmm ... maybe I could see the Oliver too?

/ Buying a Branson #98  
PM sent if you don't receive it let me know

/ Buying a Branson
Does anyone have any experience with buying online from an out of state dealer? Depending on what my local dealer is willing to do I’ve been debating buying a package deal off tractorhouse.com. There’s 2 places on there offering packages, CSTK in Kansas and Tractor Yard in Oklahoma. I realize you have to take into account shopping costs when comparing but if it’s a couple thousand cheaper it seems like it could be worth going that route? Any experiences, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks!

/ Buying a Branson #100  
Just look very closely at all the "stuff" being put together in these packages. And this goes for any brand or dealer putting packages on the internet.

Most of the time, each attachment or whatever (trailer?) is the absolute cheapest thing they could find to put in there, and will be very "light duty" in nature.