Buying a Toolcat

/ Buying a Toolcat #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I am buying a used 2004 Toolcat with a 68" bucket, 72" mower, 7.5' snow plow, full cab with heat and air and less than 800 hours for $27,000 delivered.

Bobcat just put new axles on it last week.

Yooper Dave

Attachments

• 702049-MVC-002S.JPG
    702049-MVC-002S.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,201
   / Buying a Toolcat
pic #2

Attachments

• 702051-MVC-003S.JPG
    702051-MVC-003S.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,011
   / Buying a Toolcat #3  
VERY sweet!!! Congrats.

Keep us up to date on what you think of it as well as its capabilities.

Brian

/ Buying a Toolcat #4  
Looks great, but why were new axles installed with so few hours?

JackIL

/ Buying a Toolcat #5  
I second what bczoom said, keep us informed. Ever since I found out about that machine on this board I've had a secret love affair with it or at least, the idea behind it. It just seems capable of doing so many things. I'm jealous.

/ Buying a Toolcat #6  
What would one of these cost new? Great looking outfit. The heat and air would be great too!! If that mower is 72", that is a big machine.

/ Buying a Toolcat #7  
I too have always thought what a great idea, but at Bobcat industrial strength, makes them a bit pricey for my budget.

How much do they weigh?

Does the A/C blow cold enough? Is there any kind of filter on the A/C system to operate in dusty conditions?

Go have some fun with it and then give us a full report!

/ Buying a Toolcat #9  
I used one last year to move washed stone from the street to around a house. Never operated one before, and had yard trees, lot line, house, landscape bushes, flowers, etc. to get around and NOT damage. It was very easy to operate, and very comfortable and very capable.

I think you will like it a lot.

Being able to have all-wheel-steer (or not) was great, when trying to get around tight spaces and not mess up a lawn. It was very gentle on the lawn.

Will be interested in what you experience with yours. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Buying a Toolcat
Hi Kyle,

This whole thing started when I went looking for a new Kubota RTV. ALL the dealers around me charged MSRP. If you price a Worksite RTV with a full & complete cab, heat, air(?), lights, sound system, hydraulic package in the front, etc., at MSRP, there is not that big of a price difference. They also made me feel like they were doing me a favor by selling to me. 1 year old demo models were still more expensive than what many here could buy for new.

The Toolcat has more space, power, capacity, implement options in the front, A LOADER & 4 wheel steer. It still has a Kubota engine, only twice as powerful as a RTV.

I hope to rent some implements from the local Bobcat Skidsteer dealer only a few miles away. I still want to buy a set of forks, and a grapple bucket for the front.

Yooper Dave