Buying in another state

/ Buying in another state #1  

radman1

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806
I am in the process of buying a compact loader in another state 1000 miles away from a Case construction dealer. Dealer has several stores in the Maryland area. Have talked to owner and salesman. I want to get a purchase agreement before I wire them the $$. Getting them to answer e-mails or phone messages has been less than satisfactory. I want something in writing faxed or e-mailed to me before sending them 48K. Why should I wire them $$ when all we have had is phone conversations about the machine? I have asked for a purchase agreement a couple of times but so far nothing. They did give me the serial number and multiple pictures of the machine. I have bids on hauling the machine from uship but will probably let them expire since the transaction is not completed. With the current economy and the poor construction business, I want something in writing rather than just phone conversations. Am I correct?

/ Buying in another state #2  
I am in the process of buying a compact loader in another state 1000 miles away from a Case construction dealer. Dealer has several stores in the Maryland area. Have talked to owner and salesman. I want to get a purchase agreement before I wire them the $$. Getting them to answer e-mails or phone messages has been less than satisfactory. I want something in writing faxed or e-mailed to me before sending them 48K. Why should I wire them $$ when all we have had is phone conversations about the machine? I have asked for a purchase agreement a couple of times but so far nothing. They did give me the serial number and multiple pictures of the machine. I have bids on hauling the machine from uship but will probably let them expire since the transaction is not completed. With the current economy and the poor construction business, I want something in writing rather than just phone conversations. Am I correct?

Run, don't walk.

/ Buying in another state #3  
Stop trying to deal with a business that is very disorganized or dishonest. How will it be after you send money and have a problem? I'd drop it and send them an email telling them why. If they get it together, and want your business, pay them when the equipment arrives and you've inspected it.

/ Buying in another state #4  
I'll second what the other posters have said. Its time to start looking else where.
good luck

/ Buying in another state #5  
I second all the suggestions about skipping this deal unless you just happen to feel like throwing $48k out the window, which I'll be glad to have your money come my way.

/ Buying in another state #6  
Yeah... something's not quite right!

When I bought my 110 from GreenSouth Equipment in GA; they sent me a purchase contract (listed Serial numbers for machine, loader and backhoe) that I had to sign and have notorized - and mail back along with my $10K initial deposit.

If you have discussed the elements of the purchase and have stated your desire to have a purchase contract sent to you prior to any transfer of monies - and they have not properly responded - it would appear that they do not really expect to sell you the equipment...

AKfish

/ Buying in another state
You guys are just reinforcing what I know. Told them today, that I am no longer a buyer. I had never experienced the poor response to questions and e-mail from any dealer like this. They have several stores in the Maryland area. The only time I got a fast response was when I asked for wiring instructions.:laughing: It was always the same response, the owner or salesman is not here, try their cell phone, call back later, they will be in the office this afternoon. Their on another line but will call me back - never called back. Even the the phone receptionist was not helpful and she seemed annoyed to just answer the phone. The machine was what I was looking for but there will be other opportunities.