Buying Kubota L35 TLB

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB #1  

dondc

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7001, L35 TLB
I am looking at buying an L35 Kubota TLB and would like to hear likes, dislikes, problems etc. I am choosing between two machines both of which have 1500 to 1800 hours. I will be using it to clear approx 3 Acres of Alder, Poplar etc and add post hole digger to fence approx 5 acres. If anyone is willing to share PDF of the Operators Manual and Service Manuals I would be very appreciative so that I can go overthem before I inspect the machines Thanks, Don

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB #2  
Don they are a fine machine that will do a lot of work. One caution when buying a used one. So many of these were used without ever taking the backhoe off that often the 3pt arms and related link items end up missing. I don't think Kubota offers them anymore and if they do they can run as much as $1k. Several here on the forum in the past have had a lot of issues finding something that will work.

MarkV

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB #3  
Excellent equipment. Just realize a lot of those Kubota TLB's were in commercial use, rental yards, etc., and may have seen some tough duty. If the units you're looking at are coming out of that type of use, your inspection to make sure they are OK mechanically will be very important. If you're lucky enough to find one owned privately and pampered, with good care it would probably last you a lifetime.

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB #4  
I haven't had any issues so far. Very well built but like others said look it over good. Also its very easy to remove and install the BH on mine once you get the hang of it. The 3pt arms do not store on machine so do indeed ask for them.

Here is a manual.

filehosting.org - download page for Kubota_L35_manual.zip

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB #5  
What model year is the tractor? The hoses may be on the edge if it is about 10 years old and have never been replaced. Not a big deal but can cost a few hundred to replace all of them at once. Water pump may be on the edge too but also no big deal. That said, I would recommend it highly. I have its little brother, the B21, and I know that would do the job. One of the likes (among many others) is the four-post ROPs, handy and potentially life-saving especially around trees which can snap in your direction and take your head off if there was nothing there to stop it.

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB
Hi RMK700
Thanks but when I hit download the file disapears and a search on my computer does not find the file. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe send the file direct to my e-mail (carmichd@shaw.ca) Don....

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB #7  
e-mailed it to you. Let me know if you got it.

The PDF I sent is a parts manual for the tractor, loader, and backhoe. As for the regular manual I only have it as a book.

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB
Yes Rod I did receive it thank you and I sent you a reply email before I read your above comments Don...

/ Buying Kubota L35 TLB #9  
I'm jealous :D I liked my old Kubota B8220, and really really like my current NH TC40D. But I have rented L35TLB's in the past; I really liked them!