Buying land that has a natural gas line on it?

/ Buying land that has a natural gas line on it?
Closed yesterday! After talking with gas company and reading all documents we feel comfortable with the line and building our farm around it. The fact that the pipeline is on the property is likely why we could afford more land in a better area than we were looking so we are happy to move forward.

Attachments

• BB7BC15C-BFC6-485C-9B57-2976C3AFB64C.jpeg
    BB7BC15C-BFC6-485C-9B57-2976C3AFB64C.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 50
   / Buying land that has a natural gas line on it? #82  
Well congrats and all the best. Hope it becomes your happy place.

/ Buying land that has a natural gas line on it? #83  
Glad it worked out, looks like a nice piece of land!

/ Buying land that has a natural gas line on it? #84  
Closed yesterday! After talking with gas company and reading all documents we feel comfortable with the line and building our farm around it. The fact that the pipeline is on the property is likely why we could afford more land in a better area than we were looking so we are happy to move forward.
Good for you. 99% of the time you will not know it’s there. Enjoy your new place.

/ Buying land that has a natural gas line on it? #85  
I have the trans-Canada pipeline going through my property its three high pressure steel pipe not sure the radius. Its it is my land, but I don't get compensation unless if they come and work on it. If I cross it with heavy equipment, I am supposed to advise them other than that no restriction.... the worse is even if the pipeline is in my back yard, I don't have access to natural gas...

/ Buying land that has a natural gas line on it? #86  
Looks like it's very close to the edge of that ROW. How many pipes do you have in that easement?
There are 2 lines. One is 10" the other is 14" and the ROW is 100'. I really should measure what the maintained width is, both lines run close to the edge, one on one side, the other line on the other side of the ROW.

/ Buying land that has a natural gas line on it? #87  
There are 2 lines. One is 10" the other is 14" and the ROW is 100'. I really should measure what the maintained width is, both lines run close to the edge, one on one side, the other line on the other side of the ROW.
Thanks for the reply. That seems like a wide easement for just two pipes.