Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #41  
I agree with Pappy on the above.^^^^^

The Kubota and Deere dealerships are not cheap either. They are in business to make a profit, not to create jobs or provide free services. If the dealers are competitive and want to sell they may need to lower the price to make the sale as the Kubota dealer did for you. Don't see that as being unethical in any way. While I personally prefer Deere I have to call it as I see it.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #42  
Yeah, what Poopdeck and jenksph said, no matter how many cars, trucks or tractors I buy from the same dealers they always cry like a three year old who just got his sucker taken.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #43  
The dealer not giving you his absolute bottom dollar price right off the bat is no indication that he is not an honest dealer. Buying a tractor is more like buying a car than it is like buying a new coffee pot at Walmart. You have to do some haggling.

Have you ever sold anything on craigslist or other classifieds? If so, did you list your bottom dollar price right up front? Most people ask for more than they are willing to take. A lot of it is psychology because some buyers just won't buy at the first price they are quoted. They HAVE to get the price down further to make themselves think they are getting a deal.

And you can't blame a dealer for wanting to make a profit. The profit margins on tractors are pretty slim - probably a lot slimmer than you think.

:laughing: The only time I thought I'd gotten the absolute rock bottom price on a car (truck really) was when the salesman threw the keys at me from across the showroom floor and told me to take my truck, get off his lot and never come back. It was a rainy labor day weekend and they had not done the sales volume they'd been all keyed up to do. I was the only live one in the dealership and wouldn't budge one cent on my offer. I think that guy really did hate me.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #44  
Buy the tractor you like best. I would not want a 2-1/2 hour drive to my dealer though. Both machines are excellent. You will not go wrong with either.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #45  
:laughing: The only time I thought I'd gotten the absolute rock bottom price on a car (truck really) was when the salesman threw the keys at me from across the showroom floor and told me to take my truck, get off his lot and never come back. It was a rainy labor day weekend and they had not done the sales volume they'd been all keyed up to do. I was the only live one in the dealership and wouldn't budge one cent on my offer. I think that guy really did hate me.

:laughing: But every time they tell me they didn't make any money on the deal, I know I paid too much.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included
I just got back from that trip to the JD dealer. I drover the 2025R and the 1025R. The 1025 is just to small for me but a lot bigger than it look like in youtube vids.
The 2025R is a nice tractor and it has a metal unlike the other JD tractors. Its ALL metal. It does lower and curl but not raise and curl. I asked the dealer why in the
world they had that backwards and he said that he thought it should have been the opposite way too if you were only going to do one or the other. The creatures comforts
are better in the Kubota 2601 with tilt wheel and cruise control.

i certainly prefer the two pedal system in the JD over the treadle pedal . I realized that the trade pedal may be an issue
for me when i was backing the JD back into its parking place where i took it from . Im going back to the KUB dealer and see if the pedal can be loosened up so you don't have
to push so hard on it.n At this minute, either one would work fine for me but I'm leaning towards the KUB. They were not open today so i could not go there. I have problems
with leg/feet/calf cramps at night and I'm afraid that the treadle pedal may make that worse. I have no way of knowing. When you push the pedal for reverse on the KUB its pretty ****
tight. I have to ask them if they can loosen it up.

Other than that pedal, i think the KUB has it all over the JD feature wise. Both are built well but it would appear from my tractor ignorant
eyes that the KUB is built a little stouter. IF i can handle the treadle pedal, i think KUB is the winner for me. I will know that on monday. Unfortunately no dealers are going to be open tomorrow.
I purposefully did NOT take my truck and trailer to the JD dealer today and instead drove with the wife in her car. That way i would not make a decision based on " well i got the truck and trailer here already "...

There is no way i would be able to take a JD to that dealer for service. It would cost, with the truck and the tandem axel trailer, $30 in tolls round trip + 5.5 hrs of drive time and diesel fuel... NO WAY will that work.
The flip side of that story is that the dealer offered to deliver it to me for $150. That i would certainly do if i bought from him. That 340 mile round trip sucked but i had to do it to see and drive a 2025R.

anyone have any opinion on the treadle pedal issue ?
Also the JD dealer told me i need to google KUB HST problems and how they are built. Thats the first time i have heard anyone say anything negative about KUB or JD trans.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #47  
"Also the JD dealer told me i need to google KUB HST problems and how they are built. Thats the first time i have heard anyone say anything negative about KUB or JD trans."

Do not buy from anyone who feels they need to knock their competition to get a sale. Bad Juju. Find another dealer if you like that brand.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #48  
I'm use to the Kubota pedal so it's the Deere that is awkward for me when I use it.

At least with the Kubota there is no way to be in forward and reverse at the same time...

I've stepped on both forward and reverse with the Deere unintentionally many time.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included
I'm use to the Kubota pedal so it's the Deere that is awkward for me when I use it.

At least with the Kubota there is no way to be in forward and reverse at the same time...

I've stepped on both forward and reverse with the Deere unintentionally many time.

i had not thought of that !!

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #50  
I'm sure it's what you are use to using first and foremost.

My 12 year old nephew is a very good backhoe operator... he is careful and has a good feel for it.

I started him on the Kubota because the single pedal is less complicated to my way of thinking...