Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included
My G5200 has the hydro pedal thats old school. its like a big wide greyhound bus gas pedal and does not bother me to operate at all.
Im hoping that the dealer can loosen up the forward and reverse throw so it does not take so much pressure
to operate it.

ALSO - can i get some input on which one of these i should get. I would like to have the ability to hook up a 3pt log splitter in the future and I'm pretty sure i need one of these

Screen Shot 2016-06-25 at 10.17.11 PM.png

I don't understand what this is for - PLUS 2ND POSITION VALVE KIT(CHOICE OF VALVE FOR 2ND POSITION)

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #53  
Like was already mentioned, I prefer the treadle over the two pedal set up but it's what I'm used to.

For a log splitter I would suggest getting a pto pump as opposed to using the tractor hydraulics since it will operate much faster. If you really want to use the tractor hydraulics have them install the power beyond (or whatever they call it) that is used for the backhoe as it is meant for constant flow.

Two rear remotes in addition would also be a good idea in case you get top and tilt or any other rear hydraulic attachments.

Good luck.

I really do prefer the kubota. Its a matter of " Can i use it for a few hours with that pedal
and not be up all night with leg/foot/calf cramps because of my injuries and the nature of using the pedal.
IF not, i guess i will have to go with the JD2025R. I'm going to the KUB dealer in the morning to see what ,
if anything , he can do about the force required to acute the pedal in reverse.
I was not aware that there was a PTO driven splitter. I also want a chipper. I can put that to use for my chicken houses.
Im also going to look at the 2650 because i can't figure out what the real difference is between it and the 2601.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #55  
2650 is a larger size B model. When you see them side by side you will notice it's a bit bigger all around.

2650 is a larger size B model. When you see them side by side you will notice it's a bit bigger all around.

So are you paying the extra money for the bigger footprint ?
That seems odd as they have the exact same specs on the motor and as far as i can figure out on the KUB website, the same pump volumes.
Wold that not make the 2650 a little less powerful than the 2601 at the cost of the small difference in footprint ?
But i have already admitted that what i know about tractors would fit in a miniature thimble.

It appears after studying them side by side the 2650 is about 8.5" wider, 8.5 " longer and 200 lbs heavier
it also has a bigger loader by about 200lbs lift at the pin and a little bigger volume pump to accommodate the bigger loader.
Its also has a digital dash and the 2601 is analog.
thats the differences i see.

/ Buying my 1st tractor this weekend and need advise BIG TIME - quotes included #58  
I have the Massey Ferguson GC1720 with side by side pedals. After reading some posts here I was glad I didn't get the treadle pedal do to the pain in my right leg, then I realized my lawn mower had the treadle pedal and it never even bothered me enough to realize it did.

Everyone is different with different pains but for me, I hurt about as bad stepping off of one as I do the other.

Edited to say, I don't use the heel of my foot for reverse though, I slide it back and use the right side;)

after doing some side by side studying of screen shots here is what i found

The 2650 is about 8.5" wider, 8.5 " longer and 200 lbs heavier than the 2601
it also has a bigger loader by about 200lbs lift at the pin and a little bigger volume pump to accommodate the bigger loader.
Its also has a digital dash and the 2601 is analog.

I have the Massey Ferguson GC1720 with side by side pedals. After reading some posts here I was glad I didn't get the treadle pedal do to the pain in my right leg, then I realized my lawn mower had the treadle pedal and it never even bothered me enough to realize it did.

Everyone is different with different pains but for me, I hurt about as bad stepping off of one as I do the other.

THIS is my exact concern. My G5200 does not bother me but its a different type of pedal and VERY easy to operate. The 2601 I'm looking at is fine for forward but not so friendly on the reverse operation.
I don't want to buy one and then be up in pain late at night every time i use it. Id then have to loose my ***** on it by trading it for the 2025r deere.
i think the KUB is a better/stouter tractor than the 2025r deere but if i can't use it without paying for it in pain, it would be worthless to me.
Im hoping the dealer can loosen up the pressure required to operate that pedal. The problem is you would never be able to test drive it long enough to find out
if it was going to be a major issue. Wouldn't it suck to find out that it IS after you own it. I know nothing about tractors but I'm assuming as soon as you
take delivery of it, it looses a bunch in value, day 1. Just like a car or truck as soon as you drive it off the lot.