Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #11  
I have a new KX33 that I like a lot with thumb and 6 way blade

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #13  
   / Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #14  
I have it on my KX 33. It comes with cab and 6 way blade and also got the option for a Thumb. It is a very handy machine and just the perfect size for me

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator
I have it on my KX 33. It comes with cab and 6 way blade and also got the option for a Thumb. It is a very handy machine and just the perfect size for me

Wow! You should upload a video for us. I've never seen a KX-033 with a 6-way blade.

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #16  
I bought a kx040-4 a few months ago. I sat on the 33. It’s a little smaller from what I remember. The thumb is great, my first after having many digging machines through the years. I do wish the thumb was wider for small debris pickup. The heater will absolutely run you out of the machine. I have not got to use the ac yet but I’m hoping its as good as the heat. I did upgrade my air filtration because the factory set up is crap. And recently made some spacers to widen the foot pedals. Other than that I cant find anything bad about it. I do know the new 5 series are coming out with a refreshed interior. Oh,I have the angle blade.

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #17  
I have the kx121 with the 4 way blade. You know these things aren't dozers. You can do a little with them but you run out of umph when trying to do much dozing. I thought about the 6 way and kinda glad I didn't pay extra for it. Thumb and quick tach buckets a must. Go with the 40 the 4k lifting is worth it. Get a 14k dump trailer to haul it around. Works good for me. Good luck.

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #18  
I have the kx121 with the 4 way blade. You know these things aren't dozers. You can do a little with them but you run out of umph when trying to do much dozing. I thought about the 6 way and kinda glad I didn't pay extra for it. Thumb and quick tach buckets a must. Go with the 40 the 4k lifting is worth it. Get a 14k dump trailer to haul it around. Works good for me. Good luck.

I don’t know why they didn’t make a tilt blade the standard second option vs an a angle blade. The angle blade is close to worthless. I think a tilt blade would prove fairly useful. And yes a mini x isn’t a dozer. The blade is more pushing loose dirt vs carving out roads and such.

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator
I've decided on the KX-040 ... now the waiting begins ..... for both the machine and for the snow to melt. I've purchased a used single axle Berkelmans "2 ton Big 'Lil Dumper" hydraulic dump trailer to tow behind my Kubota BX .... I just put new idler hub kits on both sides. Once I get rear remotes installed on the tractor I will officially be ready for the excavator!

- James

/ Buying New | KX-033 vs. KX-040 | Compact Excavator #20  
I've decided on the KX-040 ... now the waiting begins ..... for both the machine and for the snow to melt. I've purchased a used single axle Berkelmans "2 ton Big 'Lil Dumper" hydraulic dump trailer to tow behind my Kubota BX .... I just put new idler hub kits on both sides. Once I get rear remotes installed on the tractor I will officially be ready for the excavator!

- James

I’d weld a hitch on the mini blade so you don’t have to keep swapping machines.
IMG_9661.JPG