BX 1800/2200 short comings?

/ BX 1800/2200 short comings? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi,

I have a B2910...and will likely order a BX2200 tomorrow.

I am thinking to trade my 60" RFM in on a BX2200 with 60" MMM. There is another thread I started on the why of this...

Here

and a related one Here...

So, before I make the final decision to trade my 60" RFM in on a 60" MMM with a BX2200 attached, I wanted to ask about the shortcomings of the BX2200 [or 1800, since they are the same except for engine hp].

One thing I have found from a search of the archives here is that the lower arms of the 3ph have to be tied back apparently if you want to pull a trailer.

I know there is no tachometer.

I don't think the lower ground clearance is an issue for me as I have my B2910.

I am not sure about the 3PH lift ability, as far as use with a post hole digger. I think I remember that the bx has trouble lifting high enough...would be nice to be able to use my post hole digger on the bx if the backhoe is on my B2910...

Tomorrow I will decide if I should order the Bx2200, or pass and order a MMM for the B2910. At this moment I am leaning toward the bx2200.

Grateful for any info that will make me better prepared to make that decision tomorrow morning...

/ BX 1800/2200 short comings? #2  
Henro...........order the BX /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX 1800/2200 short comings?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Henro...........order the BX /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

I probably will...but would rather know before rather than be surprised afterwards!

PS...I still can't believe my wife isn't rejecting the idea as hair brained!

order the bx....... and find out what you've been missing for so long.
Just funnin'. GO GET IT.

/ BX 1800/2200 short comings? #5  
I can't speak to the post hole digger, but I sure do love my 1800 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Everytime I use it I am pleased with what I can do, even the little things like getting the firewood for the nightly campfire at the lake property /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyhow, for mowing it really does a nice job, I also have the grass catcher which is nice but a pain to install as you have to muscle it a bit or use a floor jack.

Good luck on your decision, but from reading some of your previous posts regarding this, my two cents is this.

If you want it, and the wife doesn't object, GET IT cuz nobody lasts forever and you can't take it with you.

Now if I can just get my wife to let me buy the 2910 /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Well ok probably doesn't make sense since my two properties are only 3/4 acres with no real major trees, hills or digging needs.....but it sure does sound like it would be fun!!!

/ BX 1800/2200 short comings? #6  
Good Morning:

I traded up from a 2160 to a bx2200 and have not been at all disappointed. Great little machine. I have run it about 60 hours since I got it this spring and the only problems were the heater hoses going to the rear heater on my Sims cab. The tractor is bullet proof!
I have used the FEL for many jobs around my place. the mower (54inch) does a great job in cutting the weeds/grass.
Go for it!

/ BX 1800/2200 short comings? #7  
Henro, Most of the shortcomings of the BX are things you are already aware of, and you solve those problems by having the B2910 at your disposal. If mowing is going to be your primary usage, have you considered a ZTR mower? I know my long term plan (dream) would be a bigger B series tractor and a ZTR mowing machine.
Last night my brother called me to come over and ride on a Toro ZTR he was demonstrating. He has a B2400 and a RFM , and he is considering buying the ZTR for his lawn mowing.
Anyhow, the BX is a fine mowing machine. I have 570 hours on mine, probably 400 of them mowing, and have had good luck with mine. I am sure you wil be happy with one.
Will

/ BX 1800/2200 short comings? #8  
I just read the other threads, and I realized that the ZTR is not for you. Go for the BX!!!
Will

Bill, I think you will be more than satisfed with the BX. In fact, I'll guess that you'll be as enamored with it as all the rest of us who own them do, even knowing that you have that magnificent B2910 available any time you want to fire it up! The BX is ideally suited to the "estate" functions, such as mowing and other things where a smaller machine is best. You will have no problem with implements, including a PHD, as long as you make good choices for them. For the PHD, either use one designed for the smaller machine or use one that has the ability to adjust the lower arm attachment postion on the boom. In that manner, you will have no ground clearance problems. I have never had a problem with the lift arms interfering with our small trailer and with the B2710 lower adjusters now installed, it would be a moot point if I did have an issue...lock 'em wide.

Keep us posted on your new BX!

/ BX 1800/2200 short comings? #10  
I just bought me a BX1800 with the 54"mower.Thats what I got it for to cut grass and it does a great job got 20+hrs on it.Just changed engine oil and transmission fluid.Runs great go far it.