BX air cleaner brkt.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #11  
OK, here are the requested pictures of the bracket.

After further checking the invoice it appears to be:

KU K2561-98210 KIT BRAC $28.30.

Since I had just spent $4K+ at the dealer he threw in the bracket.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #12  
Definatly an up graded bracket. I will be looking into it as, I have already had my bracket break on my BX2660 when the hours were very low. They replaced with the same bracket as original- not impressed. Thanks for the information

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #13  
Just did a Google search using "Kubota K2561-98210" - the bracket kit. There were lots of hits and even several hits listed threads here on TBN from as far back as 2005. The information is out there and has been for some time.

Prices all seemed right at the $28 mark but then shipping has to be added. It might be cheaper to order one at a Kubota dealer if one is close by.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #14  
Odd, that new bracket looks exactly like the bracket that came OEM on my 2004 BX23.
I'm over 400 hrs on it, so far so good.....

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #15  
Odd, that new bracket looks exactly like the bracket that came OEM on my 2004 BX23.
I'm over 400 hrs on it, so far so good.....
Uh yeah, me too. Looks like the same bracket on my 05 BX23.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #16  
It must be that the posters with bracket problems own pre-2004 BXs.

That brings up a question: How do the new brackets hold up? Volfant's bracket seems to be OK. Have any broken on BXs that are 2004+?

Those three cylinder engines sure vibrate at idle so even the new style bracket could recieve some metal fatigue damage.

I hate to increase the idle while cold so let it shake at startup. Not sure which would do the most damage - rattling itself to death or causing wear with high rpms at startup.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #17  
I figure that after about 15 seconds the oil is circulating and I idle it up just enough to smooth it out.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #18  
I figure that after about 15 seconds the oil is circulating and I idle it up just enough to smooth it out.

My manual says to start at half throttle; only time it hits "idle" is when I shut it off.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #19  
Have any broken on BXs that are 2004+?
2005 BX2230 with 285 hours and I haven't had any problems. Haven't looked under my hood in a while, but I THINK my bracket looks like the 'new' one pictured.

My manual says to start at half throttle...

I admit I haven't pulled out my manual to check, but why would I start my tractor at 1/2 throttle? I liken that to starting my car and immediately, without delay, revving it to 3,000 RPM at the very time when friction is highest. Even if the manual says what you say it says, I'm starting my tractor at idle.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #20  
2005 BX2230 with 285 hours and I haven't had any problems. Haven't looked under my hood in a while, but I THINK my bracket looks like the 'new' one pictured.

I admit I haven't pulled out my manual to check, but why would I start my tractor at 1/2 throttle? I liken that to starting my car and immediately, without delay, revving it to 3,000 RPM at the very time when friction is highest. Even if the manual says what you say it says, I'm starting my tractor at idle.

Didn't say you should, just what I do. Since Kubota designed it, I trust their knowledge and experience over mine or pretty much anyone else. I used the same procedure for my 03 BX2200 for six years and my son in law is doing the same thing. It runs like a top doesn't use oil and no repairs.

The last two new trucks I have bought start at a very high idle and then drop down.

I guess since we own our tractors, we can pretty much do what works for us.