BX air cleaner brkt.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #21  
2005 BX2230 with 285 hours and I haven't had any problems. Haven't looked under my hood in a while, but I THINK my bracket looks like the 'new' one pictured.

Then it's gonna happen any minute Keith. If you hit low idle and the strap part is broken, it sounds like a chinese fire drill (bounces off the hood).

Think nice thoughts about us when you hear that sound :D

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #22  
Bungie cord = $1.99, my solution after looking under my neighbors hood a few years back. I had mine replaced gratis by the dealer, broke again. Bungie corded after that. And yes it was a redesign in 05 or 06.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #23  
Bungie cord = $1.99, my solution after looking under my neighbors hood a few years back. I had mine replaced gratis by the dealer, broke again. Bungie corded after that. And yes it was a redesign in 05 or 06.

That's what I'm using...

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #24  
A big nylon cable tie works really well for me on my BX2200. I replaced my bracket when it broke with another of the original design and supported it with the cable tie. Still holding at about 500 hours.

/ BX air cleaner brkt. #25  
Is this the new or old bracket?

Attachments

• DSCF4838.jpg
    DSCF4838.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 250
   / BX air cleaner brkt. #26  
   / BX air cleaner brkt. #28  
1*It must be that the posters with bracket problems own pre-2004 BXs.
2*That brings up a question:
3*How do the new brackets hold up? Volfant's bracket seems to be OK.
4* Have any broken on BXs that are 2004+?
Just did a Google search using "Kubota K2561-98210" - the bracket kit. There were lots of hits and even several hits listed threads here on TBN from as far back as 2005.
5*The information is out there and has been for some time.
1*Nope the bracket has been a quirk of all years and models of BXs.
2*3* That's kinda hard to answer because some broken ones were replaced with new style ones while others were replaced the old style brackets.
This plus inadequate follow up makes it almost impossible to answer your question.
4*Yeah lots of em.
5*I was tryin to tell ya this when I posted # 4 above.

Is this the new or old bracket?
It's nothing like what's on my 3 BXs.