BX front wheel interchangibility

   / BX front wheel interchangibility
  • Thread Starter
#21  
I changed all 4. The rears taller and wider, the fronts taller to match the rears. I worry more about actual rolling radius than the size marked on the tire, so had to do a little experimenting to increase all proportionately. Like one member said, soon as you turn the steering wheel, it all changes front to back anyway. Since I'm in 2 wheel drive 95% of the time, 95% of the time it's a non issue, the other 5% of the time, I still kept things proportional. It's the rolling radius that matters, not the size of the wheel.

The original tires were R-4's, which are great for a loader, but suck for everything else, and I don't have loader. While I was buying turfs for their superior performance for ME, there was no reason to not improve things even more. I had the R-4's down to 4 PSI and they were still rough. A stiff tire is a stiff tire. The fronts were low profile to boot, which made them even worse. I wanted turfs when I bought it, but all they had were the R-4's, probably because of the "cool" factor even though they suck for ride quality.

Everybody seems to think it's ok to put huge tires on their pickups, which strain the drivetrain, then put in performance chips to add even more strain, but OH NO, don't dare change a tire size on a tractor a small amount....... sheesh
 
   / BX front wheel interchangibility #22  
Everybody seems to think it's ok to put huge tires on their pickups, which strain the drivetrain, then put in performance chips to add even more strain, but OH NO, don't dare change a tire size on a tractor a small amount....... sheesh

Thirdroc17,

Why did you even start a thread . . you certainly weren't looking for advice. Each of your posts seem to indicate you already know everything there is to know. So what did you hope to accomplish?

Ticking people off who tried to help . . I guess was the result . . . if that was the goal, then congrats.
 
   / BX front wheel interchangibility #23  
Just a few simple questions. Will the 8" front wheels from a BX1870 fit on a BX2670? Concerned about clearance around the gear housing, etc. If so, is there a width or offset difference?

Thanks.

Thirdroc17,

Why did you even start a thread . . you certainly weren't looking for advice. Each of your posts seem to indicate you already know everything there is to know. So what did you hope to accomplish?

Ticking people off who tried to help . . I guess was the result . . . if that was the goal, then congrats.
The 1st post contains the reason he started the thread.

He got Chicken Little blather instead of an answer.

,,,Unfortunately I didnt know the answer, or I would have posted it.
 
   / BX front wheel interchangibility #24  
Agree with SPYDERLK about the chicken little blather.

thirdroc17,
I've thought about doing this myself. Letting air out can only do so much for ride quality. I've actually looked at trading up to a b series just to get bigger tires for improved ride quality. My bad back can only take so much pounding from my BX. I've researched a little but haven't had time to dig up effective circumferences to match a set of bigger tires. Can you tell us what tires you selected to accomplish this change. Would be interested to see if I could stuff them under my 2230.
 
   / BX front wheel interchangibility #25  
Agree with SPYDERLK about the chicken little blather.

thirdroc17,
I've thought about doing this myself. Letting air out can only do so much for ride quality. I've actually looked at trading up to a b series just to get bigger tires for improved ride quality. My bad back can only take so much pounding from my BX. I've researched a little but haven't had time to dig up effective circumferences to match a set of bigger tires. Can you tell us what tires you selected to accomplish this change. Would be interested to see if I could stuff them under my 2230.
Maybe a little exploration of a dealer lot as several suggested, with a tape measure and camera. The dealer wont condone a change but just use your head. Aim for more lead - not lag.

As I mentioned in #18 above, I put stock BX1800 wheels on my BX1500 about 100hrs after I bought it. They were the bar tread, replacing the stock BX1500 turfs. I had to space the fronts about 1/2" due interference. The combination of bar and larger dia made a big difference in ride quality. Theres more compression "give" in the bar footprint. Significantly better traction and very little marking with this weight tractor. The tractor sits 1" higher. The equal f/b increase caused more lead and better tight turning in 4wd. Im at about 2200hrs now.
,,,larry
 
 
Top