BX Move the fuel filter without a kit?

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #11  
i moved the filter and fuel pump up under my hood. Removed the oem filter before injector pump and added a filter with sight glass bowl and shut off . Ever thing all in one small spot.

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #12  
Yes, the filter physical location shouldn't matter, as long as the hose arrangement keeps the filter in line upstream from the fuel pump. I bought a kit with a spin on filter, but there's no reason you couldn't just relocate the original one yo make changing it easier.

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #13  
I have yet to do it, but is it really that hard to change? :oops:

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #14  
It's above the mower deck, in front of the hydro cooling fan. If you leave the mower on over the winter, most owners will rotate the mower height control to the TOP setting. If the filter gels up, motor dies, can't unlock mower deck if 3pt won't rise. You can do nothing and wait for warmer weather, but most new BX owners find this to be unacceptable solution to the problem.

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #15  
It's above the mower deck, in front of the hydro cooling fan. If you leave the mower on over the winter, most owners will rotate the mower height control to the TOP setting. If the filter gels up, motor dies, can't unlock mower deck if 3pt won't rise. You can do nothing and wait for warmer weather, but most new BX owners find this to be unacceptable solution to the problem.

I take it off during the winter so I should be good.

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #16  
If there is one thing I despise its the bottom filter setup. The major issue for me is there is no shut off valve and the hose is so short its is difficult to pinch off and have room to remove the clip and filter without wearing an abundance diesel.

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #17  
If there is one thing I despise its the bottom filter setup. The major issue for me is there is no shut off valve and the hose is so short its is difficult to pinch off and have room to remove the clip and filter without wearing an abundance diesel.
Ditto on the crappy location,
Also after the 1st filter change on my BX24 I put an inline shutoff between the tank and 1st filter. Made it much easier to stay dry lol. It also makes it easy to drain a bit of fuel from the tank to check for water and crap when changing filter. Its similar to this one.

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #18  
I made my own setup after seeing someone charge $200+ for it, mounted it on outside of left loader saddle.I bought all materials for about $150(bought a 6’ piece of 2-1/2” aluminum angle ($30)and 25’ of fuel line off eBay(around $20)The oem Kubota filter housing was $80, the 5/16” hose splice about $5 from Napa, some black plastic wire protector (1/2” I think) from Harbor Freight for around $5 to protect line from rub spots, some spring hose clamps for around $5, and some zip ties. I made one for my BX1870, then another one for the BX2380( had the angle and fuel line already from first one). Custom made the mount bracket for fitment from aluminum angle. Where filter is underneath is where you put the hose splice, then run the line to the outside mount, then I ran a line back to the inline electric pump. Only thing I don't like about the Kubota housing over the Racor is that it doesn't have a drain on bottom of bowl...
IMG_0279.JPG

Last edited:
   / BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #19  

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: you obviously haven't even looked at its placement. I did change it a few times on the BX1870 over the years. really a PITA. Needs to be done with deck off. 10mm socket to get the filter strap off. I do have a set of those line clamps from Harbor Freight, used smallest one. Then wiggle lines off, hoping no diesel gets on you while you're doing it.

/ BX Move the fuel filter without a kit? #20  
Ditto on the crappy location,
Also after the 1st filter change on my BX24 I put an inline shutoff between the tank and 1st filter. Made it much easier to stay dry lol. It also makes it easy to drain a bit of fuel from the tank to check for water and crap when changing filter. Its similar to this one.

Once it warms back up I will be doing something different with that hose and lack of a shut off valve