BX Series - Cold weather starting problems?

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #1  

lp333

Gold Member
Tractor
Currently own a BX25
I keep my BX24 in the garage, so I don't have much experience with cold weather starting. However, my neighbor recently bought a used BX22, which would not start this week when the temperature dropped to 0 F. I am wondering how common cold weather starting problems might be among BX owners.

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #2  
glow plugs not working?
larry

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #3  
Keep my BX22 in a unheated pole barn for several years. Never had a problem starting. I always treat the deisal fuel to keep from jelling but thats it.

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #4  
I keep my BX24 in the garage, so I don't have much experience with cold weather starting. However, my neighbor recently bought a used BX22, which would not start this week when the temperature dropped to 0 F.
1* I am wondering how common cold weather starting problems might be among BX owners.
1*It's far from common.

Keep my BX22 in a unheated pole barn for several years. Never had a problem starting.
2*I always treat the deisal fuel to keep from jelling but thats it.
2* I treat fuel 12 months of the year.

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #5  
MY Bx23 TBL is in unheated barn, never had an issue with starting, check glow plugs and make sure you add an additive to the diesel fuel. You should be good to go.
Rick

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #6  
Tell him turn the key til the glow light comes on,hold it there count to 15 crack throttle 1/4 way crank it.If its in good working order it will start
ALAN

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #7  
When I first got my BX23 I didn't have a heater. It always started with no problem in the cold. It sounded terrible, banging and clanking like it was going to blow up, but always started. After I put in the heater it started up faster and sounded fine.

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems?
Thanks to all who have responded with timely comments - that's much appreciated.

Can some of you share details about your cold weather starting experiences. For example, what is the coldest temperature at which you are able to start your BX easily? Conversely, what is the coldest temperature at which you actually experienced a problem starting you BX?

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #9  
IIve never had it not start.Ihave started it at minus 10f in the barn.Ijust put a block heater in and it sounds so much better

/ BX Series - Cold weather starting problems? #10  
I too have never had a problem starting. It may have sputtered and stalled a couple of times on starting, even after 10-15 seconds of glow plugs, but it always started. Probably the coldest without the heater was around 0f. When I installed the block heater, after around 20 minutes of being turned on, it would start like it was summer.