BX Tractors and 12 volt 3 Point Sprayer

/ BX Tractors and 12 volt 3 Point Sprayer #21  
Also consider getting a Fimco wireless switch. It’s a plug and play installation that is very convenient and not much more expensive than a wired switch.

/ BX Tractors and 12 volt 3 Point Sprayer
I ordered the Fimco wireless switch, cigarette lighter wiring, and the 3.8 gpm pump today just in case the 1.8 can't hack it. I only have 1 acre so the 1.8 may be fine we'll see.

OR maybe I will just install the 3.8 gpm from the get go. This sprayer is starting to have 101 uses. After I dispense DEATH to broadleaf weeds and clover I'm going to load it up with Wet & Forget and spray my driveway to get rid of the algae, moss, and lichen, then spray the north side of my house, roof that gets no sun with Wet & Forget, then dispense moss DEATH to the lawn, then dispense liquid lawn feed to my 1 acre lawn, and finally for about 5000 sqft I need to clear and plant lawn on maybe dispense Roundup. This is making that LandPride quick hitch purchase more useful.

/ BX Tractors and 12 volt 3 Point Sprayer #24  
I use mine to spray all that you listed plus bleach with tsp to clean bricks/siding and different pesticides around house and yard. Very handy. From the ground I can spray pesticide on the wasps that try to take up in the 2nd story eave.

From the ground I can spray pesticide on the wasps that try to take up in the 2nd story eave.

Fantastic, what liquid pesticide do you use for wasps? I have to deal with that every year on my house. The biggest wasp nests are in the peak of the 2nd story eave. Have to get on a ladder with a telescoping pole and one of those gadgets that let you clamp a can of wasp spray on the end and operated it with a long string. Plus the 12 cans of wasp spray per year.

/ BX Tractors and 12 volt 3 Point Sprayer #26  
Talstar P or the generic

I got some permethrin to try this year

I have been thinking about finding another nozzle for my spray wand and soldering it shut and drilling a small hole to make a long range squirt gun

Update: I returned the blue Wilco Farm Store version of this sprayer today and purchased the red Fimco version locally from a Coastal Farm and Ranch store. By the way Coastal has like the entire Fimco inventory of parts, pumps, rebuild kits, sprayers etc. in stock. Must have been 20 feet of wall nothing but Fimco stuff.

Wilco vs Fimco 40 gallon 3pt sprayer - Yes Fimco manufactures both and most of the unit is the same, but the pump and manifold are NOT. The Fimco has a larger pump 2.1 gpm vs Wilco 1.8 gpm, Fimco pump and manifold are quick connect the Wilco is screw on. Most importantly the Fimco 2.1 gpm pump is nearly identical to the Fimco 3.8 gpm pump so its a direct bolt on replacement. The screw on fittings and different design of the Wilco 1.8 gpm pump was going to require some plumbing to retrofit the 3.8 gpm pump.

If that wasn't irritating enough about the Wilco one of the hitch pins was defective and one of the hitch ears was welded on so crooked I'm not sure the pin would have seated in my Land Price quick attach hitch. So boxed up the Wilco and returned. I'm going to inspect/assemble the Fimco this afternoon. Maybe I start a review/assembly thread.

/ BX Tractors and 12 volt 3 Point Sprayer #28  
I've run the Fimco 40 gallon 2 years now on my BX2230. The dynamo provides 15 amps (not sure if there is an RPM rating for this or not), the pump requires 8 amps, never have had a hiccup for this. I ran a new wire off the starter up to the dash for a switch, back down to the rear end, and put on a cigarette lighter outlet, clipped off the battery clamps on the sprayer and put on a 20 amp plug. I use the lighter socket for a battery tender and auxiliary lights as well as the sprayer. Works great.

I'm good on power with my BX2380, it has a 40 amp alternator and a factory cigarette lighter power socket in the left fender storage compartment. Its on a 20 amp fuse. Kubota manual says its good for 120 watts so 10 amps. I purchased the Fimco cigarette lighter power cable for the sprayer so I'm all set.

The 3.8 gpm pump draws 11 amps so that would be 1 amp over what the manual specs for the cigarette lighter power socket, but as its on a 20 amp fuse I'm not worried about 1 extra amp.

/ BX Tractors and 12 volt 3 Point Sprayer #30  
Sprayer button and wires 20180428_150555.jpeg20180428_150603.jpeg