BX1500D leaks HST oil when hitch is raised

/ BX1500D leaks HST oil when hitch is raised #1  

BXAK

Tractor
Kubota BX1500D
Howdy,

Have a BX1500D with 280 hours. Today I noticed it dripping HST oil on the ground. Put the rear on jacks and took off the rear left wheel.

With the motor running, I observed that when the hitch is raised fluid leaks from around the pump body.

The transmission and PTO work fine.

Anybody seen this before?

Thank you kindly
Blake

/ BX1500D leaks HST oil when hitch is raised
Thank you for the reply. Is this the rockshaft piston? I see part 060 is a ring.

Attachments

• bx1500 piston.png
    bx1500 piston.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 64
   / BX1500D leaks HST oil when hitch is raised #4  
Rockshaft piston needs rebuilt. Rings leaking.
How can an internal rockshaft piston even leak to the outside?

/ BX1500D leaks HST oil when hitch is raised #5  
Blake
Where is the pump body located that is leaking? Since took left rear wheel off I presume on left side of transaxle housing but pictures would certainly help.

I agree with Ptsg that rock shaft piston would not leak external especially on left side.

Hello and Thank You for the replies

When I raise the hitch all the way up oil comes from the area in the diagram. When running the PTO, transmission etc no oil leaks from anywhere.

Thank you again

Attachments

• bx1500 control valve leak.png
    bx1500 control valve leak.png
    330.6 KB · Views: 64
   / BX1500D leaks HST oil when hitch is raised #7  
Blake,
I presume that picture is the valve for the 3PH. If yes and if coming from those plugs I would lower the 3 point to relieve any potential pressure and then carefully pull those plugs out. Drawing looks like they have an O-ring seal that is potentially leaking.

Blake,
I presume that picture is the valve for the 3PH. If yes and if coming from those plugs I would lower the 3 point to relieve any potential pressure and then carefully pull those plugs out. Drawing looks like they have an O-ring seal that is potentially leaking.
Hello the diagram is labelled J40500 CONTROL VALVE in the parts diagram. Looks to me like the o-rings (parts 020 and 030) in the diagram are positioned between the control valve body and the transmission.

/ BX1500D leaks HST oil when hitch is raised #9  
Are part number 080 where the leaks are located? If yes I would remove one of those plugs and see if O-ring seal or what type of seal they have. Could be BSPP style with seal ring or and an SAE style O-ring boss fitting.
If leak is from behind the valve it could item 20 or 30.

Are part number 080 where the leaks are located? If yes I would remove one of those plugs and see if O-ring seal or what type of seal they have. Could be BSPP style with seal ring or and an SAE style O-ring boss fitting.
If leak is from behind the valve it could item 20 or 30.
I can't see the leak coming from part 080, more like it weeps from above in the path outlined by the red line. I'm going to take it apart tomorrow to try and find the issue. I will have a camera with me. Thank you very much for your help so far. Just to be clear it only leaks when I'm holding the raise lever for the 3PH and it is at maximum height.

Thanks again