BX1800 Starter issues

/ BX1800 Starter issues #1  

LysJones

Tractor
Kubota BX1800
I have a 10 yr old BX1800 that I love…except…I can’t get the starter be fix to engage. When you hit the starter, the be six tries to pop out but isn’t aligned correctly and doesn’t engage the larger gear. I’ve replaced the starter with twice now, thinking it was the be six not pushing hard enough. But no luck, even with Kubota starters. Anyone else seen this? If I stick my hand in there and align the gears, it fires right up.

/ BX1800 Starter issues #2  
Check out the thread just recently posted about a G1800 starter. Its most likely the same problem. The starter does not get the proper voltage. If you do a search you should be able to find a schematic to put an add on relay in to give the starter solenoid the proper voltage.

/ BX1800 Starter issues #3  
Clean your battery posts and connectors. Tighten connectors securely. Follow ground wire to the frame. Clean and tighten there as well. Crud can build up over ten years. How's your battery? Have it load tested. After ensuring your electrical power supply is in good order is the time to start troubleshooting the starter.

/ BX1800 Starter issues #4  
check all your ground wire on the frame and the starter and battery

/ BX1800 Starter issues #5  
Check out the thread just recently posted about a G1800 starter. Its most likely the same problem. The starter does not get the proper voltage. If you do a search you should be able to find a schematic to put an add on relay in to give the starter solenoid the proper voltage.

As GD04 says, you are likely suffering from the click-click-no start syndrome.

Install an interposing relay between the start circuit and the starter and the issue disappears. I lived with it for a couple years on my BX2200. Installed the relay and perfect operation since.

/ BX1800 Starter issues #6  
Next time this happens turn the engine a bit by hand. If it starts then you could have a worn ring gear. You could also take off the starter and turn the engine by hand. This happened on my b8200. A new starter would only have worked for a few weeks.

Attachments

• 20191209_124212.jpg
    20191209_124212.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60