bx2200 vs jd 445

/ bx2200 vs jd 445 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I currently own a JD 445 which is a great tractor, but recently checked out a bx 2200. I was really impressed with the bx and the durable way in which it was constructed. I primarily mow with the 445 and also own a blower and plow. The reason for considering a 2200 if for the fel since i would like to get into some minor excavating in the future, just for play, not for hire. Since being able to afford my own tractors I've owned a cub 718, JD 425 (bought new) and the present JD 445 (bought new). I'm wondering if this is the next step. Anyone out there have any experiance with a JD 400 series and the BX series and can give me some sound guidance.
PS I dont think JD's 500 series is gonna make it against the bx from what lit. I,ve seen on the machine. And that coming from someone who loves green.

/ bx2200 vs jd 445 #2  
Well, I think you're comming to the same realization as a lot of other folks that the new 500 series isn't in the same market as the BX, at least from what I've seen.

I looked real hard at the 455, the 4100 and some other colors before deciding on the BX, and am very happy with my decision. The BX has done everything I've asked of it so far with ease. Don't take my word for it though...go to a dealer and play with it a bit. It's a lot heavier duty machine than many people realize until they take a good serious look at it.

/ bx2200 vs jd 445 #3  
You may wish to consider the new JD4010 but I imagine when all is done the BX will remain the choice mini-tractor. J

Attachments

• 1-102487-Jdbx.jpg
    1-102487-Jdbx.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 151
   / bx2200 vs jd 445 #4  
I also looked at the JD 4xx series before getting my BX. A couple of points that swayed me (from a long list):

- Kubota obviously approached the design of the BX as a scaled down compact tractor. As far as I could tell the JD 4xx series was designed as 'king of the lawn mowers'. This is a big difference when you look at the resultant capabilities of the FEL, 3 point hitch etc. The BX is a tough little tractor.

- My local Kubota dealer has a regular procession of used JD 4xx series going through his lot. I never see a Kubota at the JD dealer. The Kubota dealer tells me that the single biggest reason is the lack of 4wd - which severely limits the capabilities of the JD 4xx series for anything other than cutting grass.

Another good point to consider is that Kubota just announced the BX22 - which is a somewhat beefed-up BX2200. This looks like a fully functional Tractor-Loader-Backhoe. I don't think JD would ever be able to do that with their 4xx series -- it just doesn't have the basic robust design that could be adapted like the BX.

In fact, you may want to try and find some info on the BX22 before you decide - it's new so I haven't seen any pricing yet. Here's a link to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=photos&Number=80665&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>some pictures on TBN of the BX22</A>.

Patrick

/ bx2200 vs jd 445 #5  
I would probably look at the 4010 series. I reviewed the BX2200 Vs the JD455 Vs the JD4100 and I bought the 4100. If I had seen the 4010 or the 4110, I might have waited and bought one of those models/

Nuru

/ bx2200 vs jd 445 #7  
Yes, he may well get less trade value for the 445 at a Kubota store because the dealer will then have to sell the funny green lawn tractor sitting on the lot next to a BX.
I also think the 4010 and the new Cub are nice looking though I am not sure they are subcompacts unless we expand the definition a little bit which is fine. Just as there are bigger and smaller UT's there will be bigger and smaller subcompacts--that is to be expected. I do think the new JD 4X and 5X series are still just tractor styled lawnmowers now with 4WD, very nice and very versatile but still just a lawnmower with attachments but that is just my opinion--others will differ.
There is also the new BX22TLB, tractor, loader and backhoe unit which could be a hot item for small acerage users. Yeah, it is to small--bla,bla, bla--I figure it does fine for it's intended purpose which would not be commercial use or digging for Hoover dam.
J

/ bx2200 vs jd 445 #8  
Tres, I think the 4010 is smaller than the 4100, less weight, less size, and less HP. Seems that model should be targeted as a BX2200 competitor. The 4110 and 4115 are the same size as the 4100.

Ah Yes, the The BX placed on jackstands works real well with posthole diggers and other implements that may require more height than the BX offers normally, I have heard

Nuru

/ bx2200 vs jd 445 #9  
Actually that is an urban legend, the BX can handle most small post hole diggers, I borrowed a Woods I think it was--worked just fine. It did not have a lot of clearence but it certainly worked out well for me.
Yes, I am hoping the JD4010 is a sub compact--it looks like a neat unit no matter what it is. J

Attachments

• 1-102864-Postx.jpg
    1-102864-Postx.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 83
   / bx2200 vs jd 445 #10  
Nuru, two 'botas beats one JD any day! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
Perhaps this is the way to go.
J

Attachments

• 1-102865-2bota.jpg
    1-102865-2bota.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 104