BX23S - FEL Bucket Cutting Edge

/ BX23S - FEL Bucket Cutting Edge #1  

BX23S-1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23S
Here is the pics i said i would post for those interested in the bucket cutting edge.
The cutter looks like maybe 1/2in thick(?) It went on super easy. Should help support the bucket better.
I greased the mounting holes and bolts so i can remove it later with ease instead of fighting with rusty bolts.

The part number is: BX2414 and it does come with the mounting hardware. Retail is $125 (OTD for $120 @ my dealer)

20170701_174911 (1).jpg20170701_175035.jpg20170701_163123.jpg20170701_163101.jpg

EDIT: Might as well add a pic of our tractor. Everyone else does, so here it is.
20170701_174839.jpg

/ BX23S - FEL Bucket Cutting Edge #2  
Very nice. That will at least allow for a replacement, should it ever wear to that point.

/ BX23S - FEL Bucket Cutting Edge
Thank you oosik, hopefully i`ll never wear it out...lol.
It is thicker than the welded cutter edge on the bucket, so i assume it will take some hard work for a long time.

/ BX23S - FEL Bucket Cutting Edge #4  
Here is the pics i said i would post for those interested in the bucket cutting edge.
The cutter looks like maybe 1/2in thick(?) It went on super easy. Should help support the bucket better.
I greased the mounting holes and bolts so i can remove it later with ease instead of fighting with rusty bolts.

The part number is: BX2414 and it does come with the mounting hardware. Retail is $125 (OTD for $120 @ my dealer)

View attachment 513996View attachment 513997View attachment 513998View attachment 513999

EDIT: Might as well add a pic of our tractor. Everyone else does, so here it is.
View attachment 514003

I was also thinking about getting one of those. The only thing that bothers me are the bolts sticking up. Maybe I could cut them off once everything is tightened down. However, for the stuff I am normally moving, maybe the bucket edge will be good enough. Decisions, decisions...

Tangent thought - This little BX is costing me a fortune is additional things. Reminds me of when I got my first car and I couldn't stop buying things for it. :)

T-Dell,
yes, i agree, i dont like the bolts sticking up either. But it is what it is as they say. I read somewhere, might have been in this very forum, there was a guy that drilled holes in a piece of plywood to fit inside his bucket so that he could still slide things in an out of the bucket. Not a bad idea, BUT, i dont see where that would be of any use to me because i mainly dig and carry dirt stone rocks in my bucket. I wanted the add-on cutting edge to 1) make the bucket more ridged, 2) keep from wearing out the welded-on cutting edge. I guess i`ll be looking into a set of pallet forks if i feel the need to slide things on/off my tractor bucket.

Tangent Thought - i hear that Dell...!!! Same problem here... this dang tractor is digging in my wallet instead of digging in the dirt...lol

/ BX23S - FEL Bucket Cutting Edge #6  
You could add cap nuts to the bolt ends to protect the threads and smooth them over just a bit...or cut down the bolts and just use the cap nuts to get things as low-profile as possible.

NICE...cap nuts is an excellent idea. Hopefully i might be able to find some that will stay on during heavy usage (?)

/ BX23S - FEL Bucket Cutting Edge #8  
Looks good, and $120 is an excellent price IMHO.

Looks good, and $120 is an excellent price IMHO.

Thanks Kenny :)
I went to your website, i like those hooks you got for the bota`s,
so i`ll be hollerin at ya for some soon as soon as i figure out what i want for sure.

Papowwwwww ;)

/ BX23S - FEL Bucket Cutting Edge #10  
A great option especially if you are going to dig with your bucket is the Piranha Tooth bar. Only one bolt on each side. Lots of raving reviews on TBN. I have one and it's the best mod I have done by far. Still performs like brand new after 3+ years banging on it.