Price Check BX24 or BX2350 Pricing??

/ BX24 or BX2350 Pricing?? #11  
If you're building a new house, I strongly suggest getting the BX24 if you can swing it. I built my house a few years ago and struggled to get anything done outside until I got my BX. I still could have done some of the stuff without the hoe, but I also know that of the 60 hours I have on it, probably 40 were spent with the seat turned around

I got my BX24 from Messicks in Elizabethtown, PA for $15,300. (No MMM) There was tax, of course, but no delivery charge. You're about 56 miles from them, and I'm almost 70. So, not sure if they're still offering free delivery or anything, but just to give you an idea of how far they were willing to go for free this past June.

Of the places in my general area, their price was the best.

/ BX24 or BX2350 Pricing?? #14  
RayCo said:
... probably 40 were spent with the seat turned around...

Funny. I had 105 hours on my machine when I installed the Woods BH in May 2007. I now have 150 hours and have mowed the grass 5 times this summer (about 1.234 hours a pop). Probably 70% of the hours accumulated on my tractor SINCE I installed the BH have been, as you said, with the seat backward.

Can't get around the facts. Owning your own personal little BH rocks. And you'll use it more than you think.

/ BX24 or BX2350 Pricing?? #15  
Zick,

Those prices were pretty consistent during my search back mid July 07. I ended up purchasing from Lochens Implement in Newburg WI. Not far from West Bend if you know where that is... They gave me the best price. Not to mention Great People and Great Service.
I got pricing quotes from Sauk City, Mid-States and Howards Grove all located SE and SC WI.

/ BX24 or BX2350 Pricing?? #16  
jcpwrsprt said:
Zick,

Those prices were pretty consistent during my search back mid July 07. I ended up purchasing from Lochens Implement in Newburg WI. Not far from West Bend if you know where that is... They gave me the best price. Not to mention Great People and Great Service.
I got pricing quotes from Sauk City, Mid-States and Howards Grove all located SE and SC WI.

Thanks Jcpwrsprt, that's close to 2hrs from me. Probably not worth the drive to save some money especially since I'd probably have to take it back there for service if it needed it.
:)

/ BX24 or BX2350 Pricing??
Ok.. 1st let me say that I'm new to tractors so maybe I'm just foolish, but I've seen the same service after the sales issue come up with cars and boats. So far, I've never seen this to be an issue.

With that said, what's the deal with everyone worrying about service? Do you really think your local dealer won't service or warranty your new machine because you bought it else where? Do they not want the possiblity of selling you something in the future or bad word of mouth to other potentical customers? Does Kubota's warranty specifically say you have to take it back to your selling dealer or does it say you can take it to any authorized dealer? I'm guess it's to any authorized dealer.

If it says any authorized dealer and your local dealer doesn't take care of you, you need to call Kubota and also file a complaint with your State's consumer protection department against the dealer and Kubota. Yes I can see them not giving you a free loaner or charging you for pickup/drop off but actual service, whether it's out of pocket or warranty, should be taken care of. If the dealer won't do it, then you know you were right to not purchase form them in the 1st place.

The last car I bought (my 1st and probably my last Toyota because it's a piece of JUNK), I was taking to the selling dealer... They couldn't fix anything right on the 1st or 2nd try. I then when to a different dealer closer to my home, and man do they want to make me happy! Now, because of their service department, I'll give this dealer the 1st shot at my next vehicle purchase... Not a Toy, but one of their other brands...

My pickup... I bought it at one dealer because when I was shopping, these guys did business with a handshake and gave a great price, they just gave a bottom line price... Basically a great sales department. I took it back for service there and service wasn't up to par, so it goes somewhere else. My servicing dealer is a very small dealer, they don't even have an alignment machine, but they're service is excellent! Even if I go in for an oil change, they gave me a loaner to drive for the day. All they do if grab a vehicle off their used lot. Now here's the best part. The sales staff from the selling dealer moved to my service dealer.. The selling dealer's GM bought my servicing dealer! Now I have the best of both worlds!!

For boats... I bought a boat from a dealer in NY.. I keep it here in MD and the dealer here is more then happy to do whatever service I need. It's a family owned dealer/marina and they treat everyone like family. I wished I could have given them the sale, but I got a deal from NY I couldn't pass. It saved me around 20% compared to anyone else. The boat was a what they call a demo. It was never used on the water, but it was the boat they took to the boat shows. 20% isn't chump change when your talking a boat with twin outboards that can carry 284 gallons of fuel.

Ok.. I'm getting off my soapbox now....

/ BX24 or BX2350 Pricing?? #18  
Crabjoe,

I honestly don't know if my local Kubota dealer will service a Kubota tractor bought from a different dealership.
Maybe someone else who knows will chim in.

I've never bought a brand new tractor of this size/cost before so I don't want to screw myself by having to drive 2hrs to get service. But you may be right.

/ BX24 or BX2350 Pricing?? #19  
Zick said:
if my local Kubota dealer will service a Kubota tractor bought from a different dealership.

Boy, I just hope I don't move.

If I had known that dealers were like this, I may have gone with another brand with a better coordinated/cooperating dealer network. Quite frankly, the initial purchase isn't half the battle, it is only 10%!!! Service after the sale is what I'm going to be dealing with for the next 20/30 years. Well, that and the quality of the tractor I bought in the first place. Hopefully I got it right on at least one count!!

Really to hear stories and comments like this is absurd. Who gives a poop where the tractor came from? Sure, your purchasing dealer would probably treat you a little better, but you could build a similar relationship by popping in more than once a year, making sure you buy your (overpriced) paint, ballcaps, and filters from them, and make them WANT TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.

What to these dealers say? "Hi, we'd love to service your tractor, but since you didn't buy from here we don't think we can help."??? That's just dumb. And not much of a foundation for any business. Not to doubt anyone's testimonials, but it is borderline unbelievable. But I guess that's pretty much what you said, Mr. CrabJoe.

/ BX24 or BX2350 Pricing?? #20  
Gee I didn't mean to start an argument. I never said my local dealer wouldn't service a Kubota bought somewhere else. I am just hoping that is not how things are run.

I don't care where I buy it from but there is only one Kubota dealer relatively close to me, so I don't have much choice but to take it to them.