BX24 three point hitch questions

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #11  
If you have the left one positioned like the picture, it should be correct.

If the lower link arm is drifted way in toward the center, it will seem like the lift rod is bent strangely for meeting up with the lifting arm up above. But when you pull the lower arm way out (like it will be when attached to an implement) it should then look like it lines up better.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #12  
That's a great picture, it helps. Now I have a new problem/question. When I put on the left lift rod I can barely get it on the lift arm. It seems like the lift rod was welded together at the wrong position to align with both the lower arm and the lift arm at the same time. I was thinking about buying another right lift rod because it is adjustable and able to twist the position of the bracket and use it on the left side. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The one in the picture seem to align with the lower arm and lift arm pretty well.

Yes my bx2660 was like that, it was so bad that it would not let the 3pt to go all the way down with no weight on it. I cut the left arm at the bottom, put it level strighten it up there and rewelded.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #13  
I'd post a pic of your setup before buying parts to swap out. I think its just a alignment issue -- mine has no issues. As for tractor shutoff - I suspect the HST pedal was not centered so it was bumped causing it to shutoff since there is no one in the seat.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions
If you have the left one positioned like the picture, it should be correct.

If the lower link arm is drifted way in toward the center, it will seem like the lift rod is bent strangely for meeting up with the lifting arm up above. But when you pull the lower arm way out (like it will be when attached to an implement) it should then look like it lines up better.

Golfaddict was right, after pushing the lower arm outward the liftarm aligned much better. I was almost ready to hitch up to the bushhog when I found out that the PTO shaft is too long. So now I need to cut that down before I will attempt to hitch up again. It sure is a lot of setup but after all this it should go smoother from now on.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #15  
My BX 25 is identical to your 24. I fought through this several times before I got it down. You have to loosen up the sway turnbuckles to both take it off and put it own, then re-adjust it snug after hookup. The adjustable link on the lower arm up to the lift arm is how you either level the implement or give it deliberate tilt like if you are grading a slight slope with a box scraper (BS to us guys). I swap around 8 different implements and quickly got tired of groveling in the dirt on dis-connects and connects, bit the bullet and bought a Quick Hitch (we use QH for short). Now I do it standing up. Good luck, think about getting manuals on your tractor and implements, saves a lot of wondering. I do most of my own work so the tractor shop manual has saved me mega $.
Ron

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #16  
Sounds like you are nearly there. There is a correct way to cut down a PTO shaft, be sure to follow the recommended procedure.

I cut down and reinstalled the PTO shaft. Hooked it up and leveled it. Everything seems to be doing what it is supposed to do. Pulled it out of the garage and powered up the PTO, shakes a little but run good. Went out to the field and cut some brush, this thing is a beast, If I can push it over with the bucket the Bushhog can cut it up. My field is pretty wet so I'll have to wait a while before I get serious but the first attempt went great. Thanks for all the help everyone.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #18  
What brand of cutter did you get? How thick was the brush you were cutting? I'm waiting for the snow o melt to try mine.

It is a "County Line" from tractor supply. The biggest I cut was probably 2" and I went pretty slow when I did something that big, but it seemed to handle it. I need to check my HST fan blade and make sure that my Bxpanded skid plate is doing its job.

/ BX24 three point hitch questions #20  
:thumbsup: glad you got it figured out