BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear #1  

rimshot

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2510 HST
Well, It's between a Kubota BX24 TLB HST @ about $15250 and a Kioti TLB CK20 @ $16250 or $17250 If I insist on the hydro. You gotta say the Kioti ck20is much more tractor than the BX24.

1: CK20 weighs in @ twiice the weight 2100 lbs vs about 1100 lbs for the BX24 tractor.

2: CK20 lifts close to a half ton with FEL (1000lbs)
BX24 lifts 500 lbs or so far as I know

3: bigger front tires on ck20 over BX24

4: bigger reach on backhoe at 6 1/2 ' deep compared to about 5- 6' for BX24

5: twice the ground clearance with the CK @ 12" and the BX @ 6"

6: Kioti dealer promises free delivery + loaded tires initially (dealer over 200 miles away) for Kioti + will drive up and pickup and deliver the CK20 for warranty work which is 4 years. BX24 no such claim but they are an hours drive away but I would have to borrow a trailer to get it there.

7: The only + I can think of for the bx is the fact that it willl probably hold it's value better I think and I will probably be able to keep this thing for about 3 years so resale is important. I believe the ck will lose value quicker.

I know this all speaks volumes for the Kioti CK20 and it seems I would be nuts to go with the BX. I really don't need this much more tractor with the CK however......I must say in my heart the BX will be more than enough. Either tractor is nothing more than an expensive toy I am treating myself to. That's OK isn't it?

Question. I don't know about the gear tractor. Does the clutch drive like a car......willl i miss a hydro .......you see I would consider the gear kioti at $1000 more over the bx but the hydro might be out of the picture due to the extra $2000.00 in price over the BX. I Have got to draw the line here someplace as my wife has set her limits too.

I would appreciate some help with user stories commenting on the different tractors and also the difference in using a gear tranny usage over my favorite, the hydro.

rimshot

Last edited:
   / BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear #2  
RS- What are your uses?? Lots of lawn mowing.. get the BX. Lots of dirt work, time spent in the woods.. get the CK. Which do you feel more comfortable on? Have you sat on them, played with each for 30 min or so? Which dealer do you feel better working with. A 4 year warrenty is no good if the dealer is no good. Then again, I am buying a used '06 CK30, the local dealer is terrible, I am going to rely on my skills and the dealers here to help me out.

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear
My usage, well I have some 2-3 acres of wood lot and need to dig several small 3-8" stumps of balsam and spruce and clean up some downed dead wood. I live in an area of heavy snofall. For now I would use FEL for handling snow as I have a 13 hp dedicated White walk behind snowblower. Maybe a snowblower in a year or so for this new tractor. This tractor will not be used for grass cutting as I have a 17 hp White yard tractor and mower and it has hydrastatic. That is the extent of my experience with hydrostatic transmissions on tractors.

The TLB is first a toy, second a stump remover and leveling off and improving high spots in woods road with backhoe through the woods, third snow removal (banks) and heavy snow with FEL only ...

rimshot

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear #4  
I have a BX 24 and love it...that said, I use it for everything, from cutting the 4 acres, removing stumps, and all the FEL work one could want. Would I like more lift on the FEL etc... yep. But I knew the trade offs and wanted something my wife could handle too, not that she will, but my grandson (age 12) runs the BX with no problem.

I am rebuilding a used FL 850 tiller, to add to me equipment list. I have abused the BX and it has held up. Don't think you can make a bad decision, but like other posters do not think you need the BX, power up!:D

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear #5  
rimshot said:
My usage, well I have some 2-3 acres of wood lot and need to dig several small 3-8" stumps of balsam and spruce and clean up some downed dead wood.

The TLB is first a toy, second a stump remover and leveling off and improving high spots in woods road with backhoe through the woods, third snow removal (banks) and heavy snow with FEL only ...

rimshot
I would rent an excavator, do the work and bank the extra $$$$. You can still have fun, get your work done and make it easy on your pocket. But don't listen to me, I'm an old saver.

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear #6  
Well, you probably can guess what my choice will be. :rolleyes:
The clutch is like a car but because of the low gears, you seldom kill the engine if you happen to pop the clutch. You will just get a bit of whiplash! :p

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear #7  
For the described uses I would go with the heavier CK I own one and love it. It's more than met my expectations. For the size of these things you can't go wrong. The BX being lighter will not be able to compete with the CK. The heavier nachine will save you time in FEL & Hoe operation. Just my 2 cents....

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear #8  
rimshot said:
Either tractor is nothing more than an expensive toy I am treating myself to. That's OK isn't it?

Yes! Just never let your wife hear it called a "toy".

rimshot said:
I Have got to draw the line here someplace as my wife has set her limits too.
I would go with the CK20 and get the HST for the WIFE. :D

Don

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear #9  
HST is nice. But, I think the shuttle is just fine too. I have both, and the shuttle on my CK works quite fast. However, if I were mowing, the HST would be a must.

/ BX24 w/hydro or a ck20 w/ gear
Thanks tro all of you guys for sharing your experience with me. I appreciate everybodys input. I guess in this case I get a tractor with more weight and ground clearance.

Somebody asked about whether or not after sitting aboard either tractor swayed my opinion. Well, I have done all my negotiations over the phone and internet. I'm going by many of your opinions....Gulp! i know what you are going to say but I believe the adjustable seat and wheel on the CK20 can accomodate me as can the BX seating arrangement. Quite frankly, most of you tractor owners are very candid when you read enough of the users experience storys and that is a goood thing. I'd love to demo that Kioti but it's at the dealers and that is over 200 miles away. If I pull the trigger and order that ck20 up, in all certainty I will drive it around my drive afterdriver unloads it at my house way before I let the driver return. If the wheels are going to fall off, they will probably wait till he's gone and this dealer has assured me even way up here where I live, he will come and get the tractor and fix it if it is a warranted matter. I hope Kioti reimburses the dealers for doing that.

Rim