BX2750 snowblower compatability

/ BX2750 snowblower compatability
I have a 2016 BX 25D and I've been looking for a used BX2750, front mount, 50" snowblower. One showed up on Craigslist today, that was used on, and purchased with, a BX2200 tractor back in 2003. The owner says she's had some back problems, and can no longer do the yearly installation and removal, and is looking to sell the blower. In her ad, she shows both a manual for the blower, and a manual for the quick connect sub frame hardware. On both front covers of the manuals, it says the blower model is BX2750, and the subframe and hardware model is BX2751. It says they are both for the BX tractor series. Can anyone tell me if those units from a 2003 BX2200 would be compatable with a 2016 BX25D?

Thanks,
Tom
So I ended up buying this BX2750 snow blower that a gal had used on her BX2200 tractor, which I believe she said was a 2003? After getting my hands on it, I find that the output shaft from the BX2751 sub frame quick hitch is short, by about 3 inches. And that is exactly why NHBX steered me towards an old post from a guy that experienced the same problem. There is a shaft that is 14+ inches long that looks like I can replace the original with, that is only 11+ inches long. The part number of the new shaft is 70060-02728, and costs $190.49. Now, do I buy that, or cut the mid PTO shaft, and weld in a 3 inch piece of schedule 80 iron pipe to extend, and save myself about $150. 00, to make up that 3 inch difference? What say you?

/ BX2750 snowblower compatability #12  
Nice score homey53,

I’m no expert and haven’t stayed at a Holiday Inn for many years lol but a couple of thoughts anyway.

The mid pto is 2500 rpm
Mods to shaft need:
u-joint alignment (orientation)
straightness
balance
strength

Although $190 ain’t cheap for the correct input shaft, neither is having a drive shaft come apart and damage the tractor. Only you can make the decision what’s best for your situation. Good luck 👍

/ BX2750 snowblower compatability #13  
Between the BX2230 and the B25D, the wheel bases are the same but the lengths are different per tractordata.com. Hence the difference in the lengths of the stub shafts on the front mounts. Bearing arrangements are a bit different between them also, I have both. The long stub shaft unit will be converted when I need the spare snowblower. Jon

Nice score homey53,

I’m no expert and haven’t stayed at a Holiday Inn for many years lol but a couple of thoughts anyway.

The mid pto is 2500 rpm
Mods to shaft need:
u-joint alignment (orientation)
straightness
balance
strength

Although $190 ain’t cheap for the correct input shaft, neither is having a drive shaft come apart and damage the tractor. Only you can make the decision what’s best for your situation. Good luck 👍
My son expressed the same concerns you did, pretty much word for word.

Between the BX2230 and the B25D, the wheel bases are the same but the lengths are different per tractordata.com. Hence the difference in the lengths of the stub shafts on the front mounts. Bearing arrangements are a bit different between them also, I have both. The long stub shaft unit will be converted when I need the spare snowblower. Jon
So Jon, I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're saying? If the bearing arrangements are a bit different as well as shaft length, it isn't just a matter of swapping out the different shafts?

/ BX2750 snowblower compatability #16  
homey53, maybe these will help

Attachments​

• IMG_0704[1].jpg
    IMG_0704[1].jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0705[1].jpg
    IMG_0705[1].jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0706[1].jpg
    IMG_0706[1].jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0707[1].jpg

/ BX2750 snowblower compatability #17  
I don't know if the difference in the bearing arrangement has to due to the longer shaft or maybe Kubota found a better way to deal with the mounting of the bearings. Cheaper method?

homey53, maybe these will help

Attachments​

• IMG_0704[1].jpg
    IMG_0704[1].jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0705[1].jpg
    IMG_0705[1].jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0706[1].jpg
    IMG_0706[1].jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0707[1].jpg
Thanks NHBX. Yes I brought those drawings up on the Messick's site.

I don't know if the difference in the bearing arrangement has to due to the longer shaft or maybe Kubota found a better way to deal with the mounting of the bearings. Cheaper method?
So with the blower I have (BX2750, and the Male Quick Hitch and SubFrame, BX2751) If I change out the existing Output Shaft (Part # 70001-00772) to the longer Output Shaft ( part #70060-02728), I should be OK?

Thanks,
Tom

/ BX2750 snowblower compatability #20  
hey53, did you get the snow blower shaft worked out? When I was at the dealer,he suggested bringing both units and quick hitches and shfafts into them to compare and get the correct shaft ordered nstalled for me. But one is on the tractor for the winter and I can't be down waiting for it. I have not looked a the parts sheets to see if the dimensions are listed for each shaft. Hope you get it figured out. Jon