BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it....

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it....
Looking forward to getting mine, too darn wet to trench or dig.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it....
I am digging a french drain trench in my yard and want to keep the yard looking like a yard........
My mower is sinking in let alone the weight of a tractor.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #24  
I used mine on my bx for the 1st time this weekend.
It wasn't the miracle tool everyone said it was, but it was MUCH more productive that just the bucket's flat edge.
I'm hoping it will get better as i get more time using it.
I'm sure it will work better when i get my 5-600lbs barrel ballast completed and installed on the rear.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #25  
I used mine on my bx for the 1st time this weekend.
It wasn't the miracle tool everyone said it was, but it was MUCH more productive that just the bucket's flat edge.
I'm hoping it will get better as i get more time using it.
I'm sure it will work better when i get my 5-600lbs barrel ballast completed and installed on the rear.
Got to have rear weight for traction and thus make your bucket dig better.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #26  
Two years later, I'm happy with it. It's far superior to the plain bucket edge for digging and for clearing vegetation. I used a drawbar, some scrap steel, a 55 gallon plastic drum, and 600lbs of sacked concrete to make a ballast weight for the rear.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #27  
I have a similar tooth bar. I use low gear, and keep the bucket level and push. Small stuff will grab in the serrated teeth. If it is something that doesn't I'll tip the toothbar down a bit, and push the loader down onto the thing I want to be removed, sometimes taking the wheels off just a bit to get a good bite on the sapling and give it a little curl and a little gas to wiggle it out.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #28  
On saplings, I uncouple the rear brakes and use it like a saw....

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #29  
I've had one on my Yanmar 186D for years.....never take it off. Have cleared tons of blackberry's and small alder trees.......works quite well for my purposes. Low gear....4 wheel drive on hills.....glad I have it.

/ BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar~ Best method to use it.... #30  
Added a couple pieces of 1/4" plate, secured by the new longer mounting bolts. Now it all lines up properly, and looks right to me. Mounting arms are well supported, with just a little extra work. I just couldn't live with it as supplied.View attachment 604309
I would say you have a mild case of ocd. This is absolutely NOT how the bar was designed to operate or install and you specifically thumbed your nose at their engineering. Those tabs would have bent out to fit your bucket perfectly. You put a lot of extra effort in for really nothing. Those tabs aren't "stronger " than your bucket like you stated, because they are unsupported. They WOULD have bent out to perfectly fit your bucket.

Even if Bxpanded was in err though, don't try leaving a less than 5 star review, they pretty much cull all the lesser reviews from their website. I know this as a matter of fact.