By Land, Sea, & Air - Diesel Powers It ALL

/ By Land, Sea, & Air - Diesel Powers It ALL #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
Nice 6.5meg movie airing on PBS about the great qualities of diesels and the diesel revolution happening in 2006 with ULSD fuels which enable this revolutionary diesel technology:

http://www.dieselforum.org/video/Spotlight.mov

/ By Land, Sea, & Air - Diesel Powers It ALL
The main holdup in diesel engine technology has not been the engine engineering technology, it has been the lack of fuel technology in this country.

ULSD is a true enabler, without it diesels would have no future.

/ By Land, Sea, & Air - Diesel Powers It ALL #4  
Excellent video.
My son sells Mack, Volvo and Mitsubishi diesel trucks and the diesel technology, especially with computer management and variable timing, is incredible. The emissions problem is all but eliminated.
I believe with the energy crisis continuing, we will all see more diesel application in our lives.

/ By Land, Sea, & Air - Diesel Powers It ALL #5  
nice but military engines and most commerical are out.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( nice but military engines and most commerical are out. )</font>

? What do you mean?

/ By Land, Sea, & Air - Diesel Powers It ALL #8  
I mean military and commerical will not go diesel for a lonnnnng time, if ever.

/ By Land, Sea, & Air - Diesel Powers It ALL #9  
I assume you must mean aircraft Mike, commercial and military use diesel for many things. Generating plants use jet engines now for generating electricity using primarily natural gas with diesel as a backup. The turbine engines are capable of running various fuels.

According to the Federal Fleet Report, approximately one-third of the fuel consumed by the U.S. military each year is diesel. They use in vehicles for warfare due to it lower propensity for fires and greater fuel economy in heavy turbocharged machinery.

In fact the entire US Military is working to go to all diesel fuel JP8:

http://www.almc.army.mil/alog/reality.html

Not to mention all the jet engines too.