Cab tractor for around the home?

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #61  
I prefer open station tractors, but since moving to Vermont and it's cold snowy winters, I've gone the cab route. I'm 72, so cold weather hits me harder...plus the occasional, inevitable times the blown snow covers me (never fails!), a cab is mighty handy.

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #62  
I prefer open station tractors, but since moving to Vermont and it's cold snowy winters, I've gone the cab route. I'm 72, so cold weather hits me harder...plus the occasional, inevitable times the blown snow covers me (never fails!), a cab is mighty handy.
Your post has me thinking about the one question my husband never seems to have a clear explanation on.

It seems like he somehow knows when the wind will whip, change, whirl or whatever one might call it and he never seems to get covered with the snow.

Me on the other hand. I seem to have covered myself with more than I blew out of the driveway the few times I had to clear it out.⛄ Its definitely a shock to your system!

So those of you who are good at avoiding it. Please explain how in plain English

Janet

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #63  
Your post has me thinking about the one question my husband never seems to have a clear explanation on.

It seems like he somehow knows when the wind will whip, change, whirl or whatever one might call it and he never seems to get covered with the snow.

Me on the other hand. I seem to have covered myself with more than I blew out of the driveway the few times I had to clear it out.⛄ Its definitely a shock to your system!

So those of you who are good at avoiding it. Please explain how in plain English

Janet
Well for starters, you need to get you a small bag of chicken bones...

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #64  
Since building here in '89 I've had a 3 open station, one open station that I built a cab for and a factory-cabbed model. Hands down favorite is the factory cab. Second choice would be the L3200 with the DIY cab. Still have the open station Ford we got back around 1991 for odds and ends. It's handy to have two tractors with different implements on some projects.

At 73 I don't have any trouble getting in and out of the cab. Can even manage getting myself in and out with our 2YO daughter. She loves to go along while mowing and with the cab, don't need to worry about her falling off.

The most enjoyable things about a cab are the already-mentioned HVAC (mowed yesterday in the heat with the A/C in the first setting), and not getting bothered by the dust, pollen and insects. It's also very nice to be able to run the sprayer and not drive through the overspray when the breeze shifts.

There IS one visibility issue that I've noticed. Depending on the angle of the sun, I occasionally get some reflection on the inside of the front window if I wear a really light colored shirt. Not a big deal, and if it's late afternoon i will often grab a darker shirt before mowing.
Wow 73 and you have a 2YO daughter!!
How old is your wife?;)

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #66  
Wow 73 and you have a 2YO daughter!!
How old is your wife?;)
72 years young this coming December. my child bride:)

Long story. We fostered the little gal "for 3 months, maybe 6 months" per the agency starting back in September of 2020. She came to us at 10 months of age. She'll be 3 in November. If you look up "Precious" I'm sure her picture is there.

Things weren't working where she came from, so we put our names in to be her new parents. Last Spring the adoption went though. Not the retirement we pictured, but we wouldn't trade our places for anything. We have a contingency for the possibility we don't live to see 100:)

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #67  

Long story. We fostered the little gal "for 3 months, maybe 6 months" per the agency starting back in September of 2020. She came to us at 10 months of age. She'll be 3 in November. If you look up "Precious" I'm sure her picture is there.

Things weren't working where she came from, so we put our names in to be her new parents. Last Spring the adoption went though. Not the retirement we pictured, but we wouldn't trade our places for anything. We have a contingency for the possibility we don't live to see 100:)
Hat's off to you!
I will now take my mind out of the gutter :LOL:

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #68  

Good on you, sir! I know exactly how you feel about the baby!

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #69  
My first thought would be to have Wifey do it:)
Do you understand the real purpose of that cast iron frying pan I keep so handy? o_O
I think I might need to have a long chat with your wife! ;)

I personally think your decision to foster or adopt a child is wonderful (y)

Not always Violent
Janet

/ Cab tractor for around the home? #70  
Congradulations on the adoption of the
young ster.
I'm 82 and really enjoy the cab with the a/c
especialy with 107 temps. I trully believe that
I could fry eggs on the fender of my truck its
black as I burnt my hand when I tried to open
the tail gate and I have this silver metal strip
on the three sides of the bed didn't think it
would be that hot but need gloves or some