Cab Tractor Rightside Door. WARNING!

/ Cab Tractor Rightside Door. WARNING! #1  

dirtworksequip

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 JD 3520 w/cab & 300CX loader. 1995 JD 870 w/440 loader & 8b backhoe.JD 455 w/54" mower deck.
Anyone with 3X20 or 4X20 cab tractor might want to check the cable that keeps the rightside door from opening too far. The cable eye broke on my 3520 which allows the door to open too far and this breaks a piece out of the back of the hinge. No big deal as the hinge still works okay and hopefully it doesn't weaken the strenth of the hinge any. Just giving everyone a heads up to maybe keep you from messing up your hinges too. I'll probably take the hinge pin out and dress the broken part up with a dremel tool and repaint it.

Sincerely, Dirt

Here are some pics.
Below is the cable with broken eye and the two pieces that broke out of the hinge.

JDdoor.jpg

Below is a pic of the lower hinge with the piece broke out of it.

JDdoor1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Cab Tractor Rightside Door. WARNING! #2  
Wow, thanks for the post Dirt. Good luck on the repair - did you consider replacing the part? Well let me restate that, can it be replaced?

/ Cab Tractor Rightside Door. WARNING!
Nuru, yes it can be replaced. JD Part number CE18698 $72.00 x 2. To replace it would be just a matter removing the hinge pin and unbolting the old hinge. Then installing the new hinge. I think I will just smooth the ragged edge up with the dremel tool and repaint. I may even try JB Welding the broken pieces back in. Not sure if it would hold. It looks worse than it actually is. I don't think it will affect the strength of the hinge. The door limit cable that broke and caused the door to open too wide and break the hinge is only a $8.00 part.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ Cab Tractor Rightside Door. WARNING! #4  
OK and thanks for the response.