California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #141  
As a percentage how much water to residential vs AG/Industrial is always interesting.

A few good rain events would make a world of difference.

I don’t know anyone that had not cut back.

We do seem lacking in the storage side and even taking out century old dams because the rivers need to run free.

I realize things change but one of my draws to the Pacific Northwest is good and abundant water… having a well with great tasting water is amazing coming from always a water issue California…

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #142  
We do seem lacking in the storage side and even taking out century old dams because the rivers need to run free.
One of the hallmarks of successful ancient civilizations was the intelligent use and management of water - often significant civil engineering projects, given that it was next-to-all manually dug.

Now a daze.... we are so advanced that we can go ahead and virtue signal by demolishing dams.....

Now where is that Will Rogers quote about 'learnin and electric-fences...... I know I put it somewhere.....

Rgds, D.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #143  
I suspect it will get a lot worse before it gets better at all. Too many people using too little water.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #145  
I suspect it will get a lot worse before it gets better at all. Too many people using too little water.
Not to worry..... today's Malthusians are hard at it, correcting the population surplus..... :cool:

Rgds, D.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #146  
One of the hallmarks of successful ancient civilizations was the intelligent use and management of water …
Like the Egyptians - gone
the Romans - gone
the Incas - gone
the Aztec - gone

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #147  
Like the Egyptians - gone
the Romans - gone
the Incas - gone
the Aztec - gone
Yep, all gone long time ago. Read some interesting stuff about the Egyptians and how there once was a river that flowed right by the pyramids. I wonder if man will ever figure out how they built them or even cut the stones so precisely.. Probably not.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #148  
Yep. And worldwide, not just here.
We tend to take for granted up here, the abundance of water we have. Heck, I can go out back and drive a point 15 feet and hit good water plus I'm 15 miles from lake Erie.

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #149  
Sudan has more pyramids than any other country on earth. ;)

/ California Targets Private Property With Latest Water Well Fees, Charges: Report #150  
We tend to take for granted up here, the abundance of water we have. Heck, I can go out back and drive a point 15 feet and hit good water plus I'm 15 miles from lake Erie.
Same here. Water everywhere. Unfortunately, it’s now becoming a selling point to industry, who will inevitably mess it up.