Can’t find a 42” riding mower anywheres here.

/ Can’t find a 42” riding mower anywheres here. #11  
Husky still makes a center articulating mower. They had one at the kubota dealer, but it had a sold sticker on it.
As others have said, it seems all mowers are getting to be the same. Different colors, same junk. I think you have to get above the price-beater level to get a quality mower. Last time I priced Husqvarna's articulating mower, which are still available, they were priced out of my budget. I'm thinking their 4WD model was in the $5K range.

The key to the longevity of my mower I believe is good maintenance. Even though it has a wimpy 15hp Kohler engine, it still leaves an excellent cut. Perhaps that's due to the floating front mower deck? But I do love the articulating feature. That makes the mower so much more maneuverable. And the weight of the mower sits on 4 equal size tires which reduces ground tear.

On the downside of the Husqvarna, OEM parts are pricey. I only use genuine OEM parts other than pure maintenance stuff like filters, oil, etc.. But things like belts, spindles, etc. - only OEM for me. They just seem to hold up better. On the other hand though, I've only had to replace those two things once in the 20 years of hard use, i.e. over 2500 hours on that mower. Not too shabby for one of those trashy Kohler motors eh?

I have zero hopes though, that my larger Husqvarna GTH26v52LS mower will ever make it to 700 hours even though it has the better Kawasaki engine. So far now with only 220 hours on it I've had to replace the drive belt (a MAJOR task) and also the blade clutch. Only reason I haven't gotten rid of that mower is it's the only mower that I have that I can mow the 25* dam bank. Perhaps I'm asking too much out of a mower?

Bottom line, they just don't make 'em like the used to.