Can anyone here identify this tree.

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #21  
They are very prevalent in central and S. FL...some consider them a nuisance...they produce dark berries that black birds and robins swarm over and get intoxicated...the seeds are spread rampantly...larger specimens are weak in winds and they are prone to disease...they grow very fast...I have seen them used as hedges...

They are a nuisance. I have cut many of them down.

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #22  
The description says it's an evergreen and frequently used in hedges. Looks to be attractive for that purpose if you're up to keeping them shaped.

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #23  
I was going to say LAUREL which makes great hedges up here, but it also looked like a camilla bush that has great pink flowers. it's not a rhody as was mentioned.

another good hedge is small cedar trees that grow close together, but you'll need some good drainage and decent rain or watering. I forget the name at the (senior) moment, but the trees bordering the north side of my front yard.

WP_20161023_001.jpg

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #24  
I think what you have are Leland Cypress trees.

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #25  
Not Leylands. They won't take the shearing like that.

The head of the landscape and greenhouse at Virginia Tech is a funny speaker at our master gardener events down there. She bought a blueberry farm. First thing she did was to buy a used JD tractor. The owner she bought from came by and caught her and her husband at work with the tractor, pulling the meat ball shrubs out of the ground. That's what we master gardeners call people who shear shrubs to make them like meat balls. The above picture appears to have some trees that have been sheared or grow very evenly. What shearing does is cause a huge amount of "lion's tailing" at each cut sit. The lion's tails effectively cut off sun and light to the inner part of the plant, effectively killing it over time.

Ralph

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #26  
GEM: not sure Leyland is the right name, but they are trees.

Ralph: I bought these little trees when they were 4 foot tall and just planted them so their branches barely touched. I have NEVER TRIMMED or cut them, but on the back side of one or two that is next to a neighbor's monkey tree have turned brown and maybe those 2 are missing a few branches.

ALL: I have the name of these green trees if anybody needs them and i'm guessing they are from the cedar tree family.

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #27  
Those look like "arborvitae"...there are several types...they are similar to some cedars and cypress species...

Thuja - Wikipedia

/ Can anyone here identify this tree. #28  
GEM: not sure Leyland is the right name, but they are trees.

Ralph: I bought these little trees when they were 4 foot tall and just planted them so their branches barely touched. I have NEVER TRIMMED or cut them, but on the back side of one or two that is next to a neighbor's monkey tree have turned brown and maybe those 2 are missing a few branches.

ALL: I have the name of these green trees if anybody needs them and i'm guessing they are from the cedar tree family.

You may well be right about the name. I'm probably the world's worst at recalling names, be it plants or people. What I do know however is that I planted 120 of trees that look like these. They do keep their spherical shape and will grow to 50' high. Mine are only 6 years old and only 30 feet tall now. Great border trees...

/ Can anyone here identify this tree.
The leaves crush very easily almost as if they were dried out, really little to no smell. Makes little different at this point since I bought the others. Thanks though