Can I modify my bandsaw's hydraulic cylinder?

/ Can I modify my bandsaw's hydraulic cylinder?
I modified the cylinder today and it works just as I want it too. The ball valve is just below the feed rate valve and the ball valve's handle is obscured by the valve body. The hardware only carried 45-degree flare fittings, so off to the Parker store to get a JIC fitting for the lower port. The hose is Parker's Push-Lock and it solved the problem of how to connect it all quite nicely.

Total parts outlay including ball valve was less than $20. That beats the ~$200 that Jet and Grizzly wanted for replacement cylinders.

Attachments

• DSC03698.JPG
    DSC03698.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 409
   / Can I modify my bandsaw's hydraulic cylinder? #12  
I modified the cylinder today and it works just as I want it too. The ball valve is just below the feed rate valve and the ball valve's handle is obscured by the valve body. The hardware only carried 45-degree flare fittings, so off to the Parker store to get a JIC fitting for the lower port. The hose is Parker's Push-Lock and it solved the problem of how to connect it all quite nicely.

Total parts outlay including ball valve was less than $20. That beats the ~$200 that Jet and Grizzly wanted for replacement cylinders.

Nicely done!