Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #1  

JD5210

Veteran Member
Tractor
5210 MFWD
The simple reason that a regeneration circuit will not work with 2 single action (SA) cylinders is because equal pressure is put on each cylinder during the extend/dump, thereby canceling out any movement. So is there a way using different size/length hydraulic hoses, between the spool and cylinders, to change the pressure once it got to the cylinder? Or by having different size cylinders on each side, one side twice the size of the other? This would allow one SA cylinder to overpower the other.

Is there a mechanical engineer out there that can answer this question? Or is my solution just wishful thinking?

A URL some may find informative. http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml37939.pdf

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #2  
You could have a bigger cylinder on one side but often that's not possible due to limited real-estate...changing hose lengths would do nothing.

Are you yourself having a problem?

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #3  
Using my grapple w/ the regen in my 790 drove me nuts, and that's with a DA cyl.

I swapped it to the lift circuit.

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat
Kennyd I am not having the problem. As you know there has been a number of posts on this and must admit I did not understand the answers. As I often told people, just because I do not understand it does not mean it is wrong. So I started to do some reading and searches on the web to understand the regen circuit. I also figured there had to be away around it, short of having to purchase another spool valve. Granted cylinders are not cheap.
Thanks for your reply.

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #5  
2 unequal sized SA cylinders, or, 1 DA cylinder would work.
Depending on the machine, some valves have an over ride for the regen. Others offer replacement spools to remove the regen feature.

Since pressure will remain constant through the circuits, different size or lengths of hoses will not make a difference in operation.

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #6  
Even single DA cylinder can and will have problem if there is no weight to help retract the cylinder. When a single DA cylinder is used for things like snowblower chute rotators regen will give users a fit...

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #7  
Just don't go into regen mode. Install a limiter. Something to limit the lever travel.

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #8  
Actually, the 790 has a regen lockout. Didn't help in my case.

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #9  
JD5210, is your valve a 3 position or 4 position valve?
If 3 position, no cure a change is needed.
4 position, if you go past the regen, or before how ever your valve is set up should work.

/ Can The Regen Circuit Be Beat #10  
Odd ball thinking just to beat the regen circuit... could you limit the flow using IN-LINE FLOW CONTROL on each end? Granted it would be slow, closing one valve and open another... but would it work? (~$50)