Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers?

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #1  

Katahdin

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420
This was my grandfather's tractor, I vaguely remember it. Unfortunately I don't have a better picture.

I'd buy it back if I knew what model to look for.

tractor.jpg

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #2  
Someone will probably come along who knows for certain. If not, I'm guessing a C or CA.
I have a similar photo of some of my cousins and myself on a Ford.

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #3  
We had a model CA when I was a kid, and this tractor looks similar, but not exactly the same. However, many of the relevant clues are obscured by people.

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #4  
IF I was to take a "guess", I'd say it's a WC.

SR

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers?
Thanks guys, I've been comparing this picture to those models mentioned.

I'm leaning towards a CA, because it appears it has the wheels that mechanically extend out, and the linkages that run down the side.

On the CA pictures, I see what I assume to be an RPM gauge mounted off either the steering column, or to a box behind the battery. I wonder what is the difference?

My grandfather's tractor was the tricycle model.

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #6  
With the left side steering shaft, I think it has to be a CA or C. With the limited picture, I'm not sure what would indicate the difference. I think the WC did not have that steering mechanism.

In the original picture it's hard to distinguish, but the shaft on the left side is not connected to a steering column. I think maybe it's a linkage for a front lift? Like for a snow plow, which I know my grandfathers did have.

Better picture of a CA:
8f2197275aff4cc4dd8e3bc3a2ac4197.jpg

Edit: Or maybe you're saying, that outside shaft is connected to the steering column through an internal gearbox.

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #8  
You can't really go by the wheels/rims, different wheel options were available on most all of them.

SR

/ Can you identify this Allis-Chalmers? #9  
Easiest way to determine C or CA is how many forward gears in transmission. C is 3 and CA has 4 forward.

You can't really go by the wheels/rims, different wheel options were available on most all of them.

SR

Do you realize the CA wheels can mechanically widen with operator in the seat?

Please check 2:25 on this video.