Mowing Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D #1  

Shrinemaker

Tractor
Kubota bx25d
I am going to be a new owner of a new BX25D. I've been reading online manuals from Kubota that say that you can't operate the belly mower while the backhoe is attached. Yet, I see youtube videos where operators are using the mower with the backhoe attached. Can anyone help me with this?http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/smilies/new/confused3.gif

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D #2  
Last edited:
   / Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D #3  
According to my sales rep when I was looking in Dec. 2015, the BX25 works fine with both attached. On the B2601, the BH subframe gets in the way of the vertical movement of the MMM. I bought the BX25.

That said, I never mow with the BH attached, so in hindsight, it didn't make any difference.

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D #4  
According to my sales rep when I was looking in Dec. 2015, the BX25 works fine with both attached. On the B2601, the BH subframe gets in the way of the vertical movement of the MMM. I bought the BX25.

That said, I never mow with the BH attached, so in hindsight, it didn't make any difference.

That makes sense to me as I think the bx25d, being a factory installed bh and fel, is pretty much an actual TLB which does not have that subframe like an add on bh. The add on like b2650, wold require the subframe removal to use a mmm.

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D
I am going to be a new owner of a new BX25D. I've been reading online manuals from Kubota that say that you can't operate the belly mower while the backhoe is attached. Yet, I see youtube videos where operators are using the mower with the backhoe attached. Can anyone help me with this?http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/images/smilies/new/confused3.gif

Ok thanks for the replies. I'm still curious why the manual says to remove the backhoe. The manual was online, I don't actually have my manual yet. I should get delivery of my new tractor tomorrow.

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D #6  
Why would you want to mow the lawn with a mid mount with the loader and backhoe on the tractor ?

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D #7  
Ok thanks for the replies. I'm still curious why the manual says to remove the backhoe. The manual was online, I don't actually have my manual yet. I should get delivery of my new tractor tomorrow.

I wonder if it is a weight issue. The mowing deck has a depth setting knob based on inches. The BH would add substantial weight which might make the tractor an inch lower. Don't know that for sure - just a guess.

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D #8  
Why would you want to mow the lawn with a mid mount with the loader and backhoe on the tractor ?
Perhaps so you wouldn't be constantly removing and reinstalling the backhoe after mowing the lawn. I don't think that little bit of extra weight is going to sufficiently compact your lawn or smash your grass.
IF you don't have a daily or weekly need for the backhoe then remove it but I wouldn't be removing the FEL weekly just to mow the grass. That BX25D with all the attachments doesn't weigh much more than my zero turn lawnmower.

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D
My property is a combination of mowable areas, woods, trails, hills, creeks etc etc. When going about from place to place it's nice to have all the main tools on board. Thanks for all your comments.

/ Can you leave on the Backhoe while operating the belly mower on Kubota BX25D #10  
Perhaps so you wouldn't be constantly removing and reinstalling the backhoe after mowing the lawn. I don't think that little bit of extra weight is going to sufficiently compact your lawn or smash your grass.
IF you don't have a daily or weekly need for the backhoe then remove it but I wouldn't be removing the FEL weekly just to mow the grass. That BX25D with all the attachments doesn't weigh much more than my zero turn lawnmower.

I've started removing my FEL when mowing simply because it was slowing me down as I was trying not to hit things with it - heh. Once I learned how to take off the FEL, it goes pretty quick. The BH on the other hand, is never hooked up unless I specifically need it. Hooking up the BH was always a problem because it squatted over time so I've started using a 3" ratchet strap on the arm and set the unit on blocks to help keep it where I can hook it up faster. BHStrap.jpg