Can you live without a TV ?

/ Can you live without a TV ? #11  
TV Just to watch some sports.
Other than that I squint at my phone to watch or maybe a little “news”.
I really enjoy certain talk show hosts and simply listen to them, kinda like an AM radio.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #12  
50+ years old and never had a TV, or paid for any kind of cable.

I do have a computer and high speed internet that I occasionally watch movies or shows on. Usually while I'm doing other things, like watching CSI and typing on a tractor forum.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #13  
We haven't had a TV since about 1997 or so. One of the best moves we ever made while raising teenage boys. An immediate benefit was about 30% less fighting/squabbling. Most of our evenings were spent sitting in the living room, all of us reading a book or something. Later on in life my boys thanked me for not raising them on TV.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #14  
My wife is a TV addict. She is happy with all the free TV available, though. I occasionally watch the news in the evening, but much of what I prefer is on the web. I could live without a TV.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #15  
I didn't have TV for many years and didn't miss it. But when I was in a room with a TV I found it captivating and had to position myself so I could not see it. Otherwise it would grab my attention. I think by not having a TV I'd lost the ability to ignore it.

Even now I can't stand watching things in real time where I can't skip the commercials.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #17  
Over Air TV is a dead technology. It is odd that this ad based system, collapsed.

I don't watch TV any more, as it is too stupid.

We have Youtube and so many others to get a good content.

I am at a lost. at the franchising models that one must sign up for, in the streaming age. ]

Truth be known, I can see any thing, 24 hours after its been released, and even BEFORE the movie has been released as a pre-production. If it was a good movie, I go to the originator's site and give $5.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #19  
TV? The question should be Can you live without a smartphone?

The smartphone has replaced the TV as the mass distractor and propaganda dispenser. Just look at all the people walking around like zombies totally oblivious to their surroundings.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #20  
I used to watch a lot of television. I quit drinking a couple years ago realize that television, especially sports, was a trigger to drink. They kind of went hand in hand in my mind.

I went without the television for a long time. I sometimes go without it for days now. Even then, I don't really watch it that much anymore I could easily do without it.

Internet, YouTube channels and Facebook marketplace is another story