Can you live without a TV ?

/ Can you live without a TV ? #1  

bmg88201

Gold Member
Tractor
JD X300
I eliminated TV’s from my home in 2010, it’s now been 13 years without a television set in my house. Guess what, life is pretty good without that appliance around. I just find other things to do. And now days it’s mostly all crap anyway. I glance at local news and weather online. Plus it has saved me a ton of money and I absolutely refuse to pay for tv service. What am I missing but politicians lying to me, the media lying to me, etc.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #2  
I almost never turn mine on any more. Sometimes to watch a movie.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #4  
I feel the opposite about the cost.
Now that I can pay about a quarter to fifty cents a day to not wait through commercials, I will not watch them anymore. The minimal cost saves me time and the authors' ideas are so much better presented continuously.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #5  
I eliminated TV’s from my home in 2010, it’s now been 13 years without a television set in my house. Guess what, life is pretty good without that appliance around. I just find other things to do. And now days it’s mostly all crap anyway. I glance at local news and weather online. Plus it has saved me a ton of money and I absolutely refuse to pay for tv service. What am I missing but politicians lying to me, the media lying to me, etc.
Just the opposite for me. I never had a tv until my now-wife and I moved in together in the mid 00s. We don't watch a lot, but it's something to do in the evening. Lot of entertaining shows around if you have a Roku, and many of the channels are free to stream.

Don't forget that Newton Minnow declared tv a "vast wasteland" 60-odd years ago.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #6  
We stream so we watch what we want, when we want. We skip the “lying politicians” and such. We watch YouTube a lot. I am waiting for the TBN channel, Muhammad?

/ Can you live without a TV ? #7  
We shot our TVs back in 79 and never looked back.

Free your mind, shoot your tv....

/ Can you live without a TV ? #8  
In 2005 I bought my first new television. In 2009 everything went digital, so the only way I could continue to watch was if I paid for the service. That television has been in the shed since 2010... I doubt that it would work now.

Let's ask the question a bit differently... could you live without television if you didn't have internet service?

/ Can you live without a TV ? #9  
We have a few streaming services; HBO Max, Disney+( I have an 11 yo), Hulu, Netflix. All shared with family members of course to keep the price down. We can get all the entertainment we need from that without commercials and network TV/news bullshit. All watched on an older projector on the wall.

/ Can you live without a TV ? #10  
Let’s see, air, water, food, shelter and so the list goes, I don’t think TV is on it. Of course I could get by without but I don’t. Right now I’m watching Mecum Auctions since I’m into cars. I also like sports and old movies on TCM.
I've been watching the auction on and off too.
Did you see the 1970 Cuda 440 Rapids Transit show car that sold for $2 million?
A 1970 (I think) Hemi Challenger also sold for a million.
Prices on most of the cars are out of sight.
A lot of really nice, but really expensive cars.
Must be a lot of well heeled people in Indy.