Canopy rather than Cab

/ Canopy rather than Cab #31  
I have a tractor 18 years old I built in an aluminum cab for with Windows the door comes off and the side window comes out great for in the summer and there's enough heat off the engine that keeps you warm in the winter it sure beats a $5,000 factory cab very happy with it the windows I made are lexan and hold up very well and you can see out just great I would do it all over again good luck

/ Canopy rather than Cab #32  
Only time the glass door breaks is when you aren't watching what you are doing and snag it on something. Been there and did that long ago but I carry insurance on all the equipment (Not KTAC either) so it cost me 250 bucks for a new one (deductible).

/ Canopy rather than Cab #33  
I would never consider filing an insurance claim for under $1000. So I made that my deductible to save on premiums. Some may not be aware that insurance companies share claims history.

/ Canopy rather than Cab #34  
I currently have 4 tractors w/ cabs, 1 with ROPS. Sold the others w/ ROPS. Here is my experience.

ROPS - this is a great option to keep costs down or if the tractor is on the smaller side of size. Same with a canopy if you like that.

Cab - these are reasons I really want one: (1) when I needed a tractor, the wife said she would not drive it w/o a cab (to help me), (2) you would like to keep the seating area, instruments and surrounding area cleaner, (3) you might have to talk on your phone, even while stationary, (4) in the dead of winter and the wind is blowing, (5) in the scorching sun and you are not moving much, such as fence work, (6) mowing a pasture and you would rather laugh at the bees and wasps knocking on the glass than scream when they are under your sunglasses.

/ Canopy rather than Cab #35  
I operate a canopy tractor from July 3rd thru September 9th, and it sucks!

One word, BEES!!!

/ Canopy rather than Cab
I operate a canopy tractor from July 3rd thru September 9th, and it sucks!

One word, BEES!!!
They are even worse when they get into a cab. I know a guy who rolled a manure spreader and his new cab tractor, when a bee got in and stung him. Somehow, as he was flailing around in the attack, a can of either got discharged, nearly asphyxiating him and causing him to loose control.

That would have been relatively harmless under a canopy, but his goose was pretty much cooked in that cab when the can of either discharged. Many thousands of dollars in damage occurred to the tractor when it rolled over into a steep roadside ditch. Fortunately, the smashed out glass ventilated the cab and he regained consciousness.

He is the only farmer I know that will never buy another cab tractor.

/ Canopy rather than Cab #37  
I mow the sides of the road for area towns so bees are a huge issue with me. I would kill for a cab!