Can't believe Sams Club did me this.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #81  
Wal-Mart near me used to install tires with a torque wrench as a store policy, then the TLE manager would verify torque and sign off.

Aaron Z
They do everything with an impact at our local Wally World. Including removing and installing drain plugs.

I was in the automotive section getting a battery for my trailer light tester box. Overheard a customer raising he## with them for stripping out the drain plug on his car.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #82  
Walmart/Sam's will argue that since the parties are in separate states will use the interstate commerce clause making it a federal issue, and the little jem hidden in the service agreement that says that you agree to have any litigation settled by the federal court in Little Rock, AR.
We are talking about a claim in the jurisdiction of small claims court, about $900, if I recall.
Yes, just like insurance companies always try to get cases directly against them by policyholders moved to federal court. That means the federal court in the federal district where the claim arose. Sometimes they would be successful, sometimes not.
Wal-Mart is notorious for trying anything to defeat litigation against them.
I’d sure like to see specific cases where Walmart moved small claims cases to a specific federal court based on the language you cite. It’s one thing to get a case removed to federal court but getting one as routine as a small claims case removed to a specific court is very different.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #83  
96 Chrysler Sebring. Started kind of funny in the morning. Cranked sort of slow like a weak batetry. Drove it 40 miles to the local mall where I had to hit a few stores. Came out ... no start, slow crank. Battery was older so I walked over to Sears around the corner of the mall (same building). Bought a battery and carried it back to the car. This car has the battery inside the left front wheel well. You can turn the wheel all the way left and get to the battery ... IF the car is running. Since it wouldn't start, I had to jack it up and pull the wheel to change the battery.

Still no start. Had to get a wrecker to tow it a couple of thousand feet within the same parking lot to Sears auto.

About 15 minutes they decided the starter had died. Ordered one from their local supplier (probably Advance Auto or similar). Delivered within an hour. Installed and had it running within another hour. Total time in and out was under three hours as I recall. Price was fair.

They wouldn't refund the battery though, even though the old one tested good. Can't really blame them for that.

About a month later the next round of closings was announced and this store was on the chopping block. Auto Center was closed within a few weeks while the rest of the store stayed open during the wind down.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #84  
I bought a 2009 Hyundai Sonata new and liked it so much because it was a perfect family car with 4 doors, a large trunk, plenty of room inside and I never had a problem with it in 3 years. The only problem was that I wanted a sports car all my life and now was the best time to get one. I confess, I love the feel of rapid acceleration and drag racing is in my blood, so I looked for the fastest car I could get for under $60,000 and I found the Genesis Coupe Grand Touring was rated the fastest and way cheaper than $60,000.

Getting a 10 year warranty with it made the deal too good to pass up. It is essentially a 2 person car because only children can fit in the back seat comfortably but since I have no young kids this didn't matter. Quite a few V8 Mustangs and Camaros were surprised when a stock 6 cylinder shut them down. Sadly, I made enemies with one local bridge cop who has been sneaky enough to give me 2 speeding tickets and the next one will cancel my insurance policy.

It's 10 years old now and I have only had a bad starter and 1 flat tire so I feel it has given me more reliability than most new vehicles I have purchased and it still looks like new. I was taken by surprise when Hyundia announced they were going to stop making them because they had supported them so much in the past by entering them in the Pikes Peak road race two years in a row and each year winning and setting a new speed record against all comers. But the fact is that Americans still think of Ford, Chevy and Dodge when they are thinking about speed and the fastest car ever made in Korea is not known to most.
Have to laugh...

My dad bought his first new car around age 75 (4 years after my mom died. End of the day, he didn't like convertibles (he gets cold easily and lived in Pa at the time), BUT, since he was the one who was "good enough" to drive even at his age for extended family, he became everyones taxi service for long drives with members on both sides of his extended family which he hated becoming a taxi driver.

He wanted something that was too small for two adults in the back to ride comfortably, and something large enough to carry his golf clubs in the trunk. 2 doors only with a sun roof mandatory, and enough "get up and go" that he could accelerate if he wanted to on the interstate. He reminds me of you there.

Where he doesn't remind me of you is when he first came down to visit he surprised me to ask me to go out and look for a new car for himself (I guess I finally convinced him he could not take his money to the grave and NOT at least have some fun driving LOL).

We get out at a dealership in NC and I ask him, "OK dad, what's the top end of your price range you want to spend on a new car?". He looks at me at tells me seriously "NO MORE than $13,000"🤣 (he's rubbed off me there as the most expensive car I / we've ever bought was my used truck at 16K). I asked him how much could he actually afford and not affect his way of living, and tells me "anything he wants" (I then convinced him to finance it and I was amazed that he agreed).

His last Honda I was surprised to find out from my son could do 0-60 under 6 seconds. He averaged around 35MPG with most of them when driving from PA to NC, and if he was doing 60 on the interstate, if he punched it, the cars had enough power to accelerate to 80 and push you back in the seat. He loved driving that thing with both windows down, sun roof open, and him blasting his polka's.

As mentioned, I just remember him mentioning about that Genesis coupe, but when he finds something he likes, he doesn't change.

Apologies, off topic.

Back on topic, I mentioned earlier, I have little doubt you will get your money back. However, if you bring up another Sam's club auto horror story, I'm not even going to bother to read it and say to myself shame on you😉

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #85  
I've been using Discount Tire since the late 80's. The nice thing about this store is the "ride and drive" 30 day policy. If you don't like the tires you bought within 30 days you can bring it back for full refund. I've used this twice already.
The fact that Discount Tire techs use torque wrenches to install lug nuts prevents breaking studs.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #86  
Not here and called them 'Tire Tech's' is going a bit I'd say. More like tire jockeys. My gal friend with the WRX had them twist off the stud that cost her ultimately 600 bucks at the dealer and Discount Tire refused to reimburse her for the damage too. When low balling tires or anything else automotive for that matter, you always get what you pay for. That applies to everything in life, not just tires.

I don't trust any of them (just like the 10 minute oil change places) and never have.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #87  
Not here and called them 'Tire Tech's' is going a bit I'd say. More like tire jockeys. My gal friend with the WRX had them twist off the stud that cost her ultimately 600 bucks at the dealer and Discount Tire refused to reimburse her for the damage too. When low balling tires or anything else automotive for that matter, you always get what you pay for. That applies to everything in life, not just tires.

I don't trust any of them (just like the 10 minute oil change places) and never have.
My boss had the shop that supplied the tires for our work trucks, do the annual DOT inspection of my F550 service truck.

They hammered the lug nuts on with an impact and stretched the threads on the passenger side rear dual. Those lugnuts torque to 150 ft/lbs.

I picked up the truck, went around with my torque wrench and checked and everything seemed to be good. Put about 50 miles on the truck handling a service call and driving to my house.

Started feeling a vibration on that side and something just didn't seem right. Double checked everything in my driveway. Seemed good.

Left my neighborhood the next morning. Still felt weird so I whipped into a gas station and double checked everything again. Everything seemed fine. So I decided I would limp the truck to work where I could really dive into it.

I was traveling down one toll road and fixing to pick up the east west toll road that went by the Orlando Airport. I was in the center merge lane where I had the option of either going east or west onto the toll road.

All of a sudden, I felt a dip and it started wobbling on the rear passenger side. First thought was I had a flat, so I straightened so I could ease into the east bound brake down lane. I also checked my passenger side mirror and didn't see anything.

As I looked up, I saw one of my rear passenger side tires pass me merging west bound

Some how that rim and tire managed to snake through rush hour traffic without hitting anybody. Crossed a lane of traffic, rolled down the right edge of the highway for 1/2 a mile and came to rest out in the grass.

Tire shop had to pay for the tow, new hub and brake assembly, two new rear rims, plus the labor for the Ford dealership.

What I was feeling was the rims rocking back and forth on the wheel studs.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #88  
I know I might be able to get tires cheaper. However - I'm also likely to have the same experience as tallyho8. I buy all my tires locally at Les Schwab. Good tires - great service - fair price.

You buy the cheapest - you will, very likely, get the cheapest.
Yeah, Until they do things like lift your 1 ton 4x4 diesel on the running boards or
pound the trim rings on your muscle car denting the stainless steel or
over torque your lug nuts - by using an impact and then just putting a torque wrench on the lugs but none turn or
you have four new tires installed because you are taking a cross country trip and the next morning about to leave you find two flat tires.

I Gave up on Les Schwab unless it is in an emergency.

Buy and change my own tires now. Upgraded my old Coats to a new Rim clamp machine and electronic balancer.
When I can no longer do that Perfection will get my money.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #89  
We are talking about a claim in the jurisdiction of small claims court, about $900, if I recall.
Yes, just like insurance companies always try to get cases directly against them by policyholders moved to federal court. That means the federal court in the federal district where the claim arose. Sometimes they would be successful, sometimes not.
Wal-Mart is notorious for trying anything to defeat litigation against them.
I’d sure like to see specific cases where Walmart moved small claims cases to a specific federal court based on the language you cite. It’s one thing to get a case removed to federal court but getting one as routine as a small claims case removed to a specific court is very different.
End of the day, a 5 dollar brick will get you your $900 back. Just plan on using it well...

Was prepared to go to small claims court twice in my life for feeling being wronged by a business. Never got to that point as I finally was taken care of (no, not worth the time and effort, but more of a matter of principle of feeling that I was right using common sense).

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #90  
As I looked up, I saw one of my rear passenger side tires pass me merging west bound
That actually happened to me. Mine was the drivers side on my dads early 70's Chevy truck going to school.

Here, I thought that could only happen to me.

I had a pretty dumbfounded look when I was wondering where in the heck did that tire come from passing me (3 speed on the column aka "3 on the tree", coming into school, just turned onto the school road and was shifting to second gear when that tire passed me).