Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor?

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #31  
I bought mine from their eBay listing. It also works for coupling the hoses together after removing the attachment:

20220307_145453.jpg
20220307_145617.jpg

I thought about ordering a set of jaws ( XBoom Skid Steer Loader Adapter Coupler System) ) and putting them on a store bought Irwin clamp so I could leave one in each machine.

xboom jaws.JPG

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #32  
I thought about making my own, but I just don't feel right about what is essentially stealing from someone. They came up with the idea, patented it, and pay to market it and deserve to get paid for their effort.

Nothing against anyone who makes their own, just my personal belief.
Is it OK to make chicken wings at home rather than paying to go out to Buffalo Wild Wings?

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #33  
Is it OK to make chicken wings at home rather than paying to go out to Buffalo Wild Wings?
Not if they hold a patent on them. If they don't then they are in the public domain and everyone and anyone is free to make as many copies as they want to.

Like I said each to their own, but that is my own code of ethics. If you invented something, paid to get it patented and marketed would it be OK with you if folks just copied your idea without compensating you for your efforts?

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #34  
Actually built mine based on the U shaped connectors designed and built by Mr. Smokeydog a few years ago from the following thread.

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #35  
Not if they hold a patent on them. If they don't then they are in the public domain and everyone and anyone is free to make as many copies as they want to.

Like I said each to their own, but that is my own code of ethics. If you invented something, paid to get it patented and marketed would it be OK with you if folks just copied your idea without compensating you for your efforts?

Actually you can legally copy any patented device for your own use, you just can not legally [manufacture and] sell something that is patented with out license from patent holder...

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #36  
I tried that but the ball ends (male) are on the tractor side which as it turns out is not under pressure, it's the attachment. But thanks to all for your advice, I had to crack both fittings on the grapple to connect them but they're on. I've not had this occur before but knowing my luck it will again so I think I'll order the XBoom QC-Mate just to have on hand.
Any reason why you don't want to swap positions of one pair of fittings? In other words, have a male and female fitting on the tractor side, and on the implement.

When I bought my grapple, it came with hoses and pre-installed fittings, which was on of each. That way if I forget to relieve hydraulic pressure on the implement before disconnecting, I can simply tap the male end of the implement hose when re-connecting, which releases pressure and they connect easily.

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor?
After someone suggested loosening one or both fittings on the grapple to relieve pressure I actually thought of changing them as you describe on the tractor and both implements if that worked. But when I loosened one, which allowed that one to connect, the other one still wouldn't until I loosened it as well. So I'm not sure it'd be worth the bother to change them on the tractor and 2 implements? Besides, my Xboom just arrived today :) so hopefully I won't have this problem again. I do appreciate everyone's help and suggestions!

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #38  
Actually you can legally copy any patented device for your own use, you just can not legally [manufacture and] sell something that is patented with out license from patent holder...
You are correct, but it's still not right.

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #39  
There are also some tools out there which allow the couplers to either be relieved of the pressure that keeps the plunger closed or overcomes the pressure by leverage to close the couplers.

I bought the XBoom tool: XBoom Excavator Coupler System (Excavator Skid Steer Loader Adapter Coupler System) Pretty expensive for what it is, but it works if you have access to the back of each coupler. I like this one because it does not bleed the oil off which means there is no mess or loss of (expensive) hydraulic fluid. It is also fast.

Prior to the purchase of the tool I would relieve the pressure by pushing the pin in the female coupler in with a hammer strike on a 5/8" drift. The oil came out in a hurry and no matter how careful I was to wrap the coupling in a rag some always managed to land on my clothing or some other place I didn't want it to.

Thanks for mentioning this. I've been fighting with my grapple connections and this looks like it'd be a huge help.

I placed an order Monday morning, but sadly it still has not shipped :/. Hopefully it will get here one day and make my life easier!

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #40  
I placed an order Monday morning, but sadly it still has not shipped :/. Hopefully it will get here one day and make my life easier!
Mine came pretty toot-sweet even though it never showed being shipped. I hope you like it.