Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor?

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #11  
I also bought the XBoom QC-Mate The TBN thread is here: Why are hoses hard to connect???

20220309_095838.jpg
20220307_145453.jpg

Last edited:
   / Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #13  
Umm... This pressure reissue seem to be common for tough to connect hydraulics... Common solution seems to be to tap the ball ends of QD with hammer to relieve the internal pressure in attachment hydraulics Might lose a few drops of fluid but seems to work for many people...

Or there are "tools"...

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor?
.....Prior to the purchase of the tool I would relieve the pressure by pushing the pin in the female coupler in with a hammer strike on a 5/8" drift. The oil came out in a hurry.....

I pressed the pin in on the female couplers with a dull screwdriver, which are on the tractor, and when that didn't work is when I guessed the pressure must somehow be in the grapple. Then I started wondering if me pressing the hose when trying to connect the grapple could have caused it somehow?
It's raining today so I don't want to take the tractor out but I'll loosen the connectors and try again in the next day or so when it drys up. I want to thank everyone for your great advice!

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #15  
The weather cooled overnight so you may be able to get them to connect now before it warms up again.

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #16  
You can make a fitting with a tee, two quick connects and a valve. Plug it into the grapple when you remove it from the tractor. Use the valve to release the pressure before removing the device and attaching the grapple to the tractor.

I made a couple of these using cheap surplus 300 psi rated valves. The one on the backhoe leaks at the valve. I think a better valve is in order.

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #17  
I think it would work. Figure it takes a couple of cans to move the needle $20 bucks.

Pack it in ice for $8 dollars should certainly work in an hour or so.

Crack the line, free and immediate.............:)
I like the idea of packing it in ice. I could throw a six pack in and when it’s gone it should be ready. 😂

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #18  
I like the idea of packing it in ice. I could throw a six pack in and when it’s gone it should be ready. 😂
Another senseless drunken grappling accident:)

I like the way you think,

ed

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor? #19  
Press the ball ends on something solid and clean to relieve the pressure in the hose.

/ Can't connect Pioneer fitting from my EA grapple to the tractor?
I tried that but the ball ends (male) are on the tractor side which as it turns out is not under pressure, it's the attachment. But thanks to all for your advice, I had to crack both fittings on the grapple to connect them but they're on. I've not had this occur before but knowing my luck it will again so I think I'll order the XBoom QC-Mate just to have on hand.